Spanish Language Information
Language barriers can present challenges for your community outreach programs. The Humane Society of the United States has compiled the resources and materials below to help you break down these barriers and extend your outreach programs to the Spanish-speaking members of your community.
The following materials are in Spanish, unless otherwise specified. Translating other web pages and files into Spanish is easy using Google's free online translation service.
If your organization has Spanish language materials that you’d like to share on animalsheltering.org, please email us at email@example.com.
Pet Care & Behavior Tips
- Pet behavior tip sheets to help keep pets in their homes, including more than 40 topics (Pet Behavior tip sheets are also available in English on topics related to dogs and cats)
- Outreach and animal care materials in Spanish from Petfinder
- Customizable spay/neuter advertising materials from The HSUS
- Spay/Neuter flyer in Spanish from Best Friends Animal Society
- Sample materials for mobile clinic operations from the ASPCA
Shelter Programs & Field Services
- Spanish Phrases pocket guide from The HSUS
- Spanish 101 Primer from Animal Sheltering magazine
- Expo 2012 Presentation: Bridging the Communication Gap
- Articles about overcoming cultural barriers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico from Animal Sheltering magazine (in English)
- Meet Your Match® cage cards and adopter surveys in Spanish from the ASPCA