My name is Natalia Ruszaj and I am currently seeking financial roles within an animal field. I graduated with a BA in Finance however have a strong passion for Biology/Zoology/Science and animals as well. I currently volunteer at an animal shelter and dog walking part-time, however I would love to find a Financial Associate/ Assistant/Analyst position within a animal shelter/ clinic/hospital/organization. My resume is available upon request and please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.Closing Date: December 31, 2013 Posted: June 21, 2013
I am a senior level marketing and information systems professional with 9 years of experience encompassing a unique combination of marketing, consulting, data analysis, configuration, programming, and project management for a fortune 18 healthcare information technology company. With a background in Midwest dairy farming, an ongoing humane society volunteer, and a strong passion for animal rights, I am seeking a remote job opportunity to utilize my skills to serve the overall mission of an animal welfare organization.Closing Date: May 10, 2014 Posted: May 10, 2013
I am pretty much looking to use my skills and talents in any way to help animals. I have experience as a writer, editor/proofreader, and administrative assistant/bookkeeper. I'm also creative, detail-oriented, organized, and able to work from remote. I have experience volunteering in animal rescue/sheltering (domesticated animals, farm animals, wildlife). Interested in PT, FT, Temp, and Perm job positions that will allow me to save animals' lives.Closing Date: December 31, 2013 Posted: January 16, 2013
Humane Animal Resource Team, Inc.
Reports to: Board of DirectorsClosing Date: January 30, 2014 Posted: January 8, 2013
Location: Darien, GA 31305
Position Summary: This position directs and helps set the strategic goals of The Humane Animal Resource Team (HART) and our Animal Shelter. These strategic goals are developed in collaboration with the Board of Directors.
• Work directly with the board to develop annual strategies that will directly support our mission of “To Create a Humane and Effective Solution for the Stray and Abandoned Companion Animals of McIntosh County”, through adoptions and other positive outcomes that reduce the number of animals euthanized.
• Proactively develop relationships with shelters and alliance partners across the state.
• Supervise the staff members to ensure that job requirements are being met and understood and program goals are being met and successful. Report on progress as directed to the board.
• Participate in strategic planning, budgeting and determining goals for our shelter and well as assist the board with budget management.
• Assist in the planning of community events that increase adoptions & positive outcomes for the shelter.
• As needed, attend city council meetings, the HART monthly meetings, and other community meetings to advocate on behalf of HART and the animals.
• Implement and promote a volunteer program that identifies volunteer needs and ensure volunteers are actively engaged to support our strategies
• Work directly with board committees (marketing, communications, education, etc.) to develop proactive strategies to promote the shelter and its goals.
• Provide ongoing support, professional development and training opportunities for staff and volunteers.
• Expected to learn every aspect of the shelter, to include but not limited to, all routines of personnel.
• Ensure all safety, behavior/training and animal care protocols and procedures. Responsible for helping document the shelter policies and procedures and working with the Board of Directors to keep the Policy & Procedure manual up to date.
• Other duties as determined and assigned by the board.
• Management experience- preferably with an animal rescue or shelter.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Strong organizational skills
• Must be able to demonstrate prior success in program development
• Ability to work collaboratively within a shelter environment required
• Strong desire to work with animals, previous experience working with dogs and cats required
• Experience developing collaborative relationships to achieve a goal
• Experience in interacting with the general public and excellent customer service skills
• Ability to work with a team, manage deadlines and be flexible under pressure
• Basic computer skills required, including internet, Excel, Pet Finder, Shelterpro and database/data entry
• Work with a positive outlook, upbeat, energetic and taking initiative
• Ability to work some evenings and weekends and handle crisis
• Must be able to routinely lift 40 to 50 pounds
• Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
• Must be able to perform strenuous physical activity on a daily basis, including, but not limited to: climbing up and down ladders, lifting and carrying, reaching, stooping, squatting, cleaning and bending
• Must be able to work with strong, large animals, such as dogs with behavioral issues
Would like to combine my expertise in Graphic and Web Design, and also care for animals, whether directly, or in a creative capacity.Closing Date: January 8, 2014 Posted: January 8, 2013
I am pretty much looking to use my skills and talents in any way to help animals. I have experience as a writer, editor/proofreader, and administrative assistant/bookkeeper. I'm also creative, detail-oriented, organized, and able to work from remote. I have experience volunteering in animal rescue/sheltering (domesticated animals, farm animals, wildlife). Interested in PT, FT, Temp, and Perm job positions that will allow me to save animals' lives.Closing Date: December 31, 2013 Posted: January 7, 2013
Certified Veterinary Technician with 14 years experience in veterinary medicine (6 years in shelter medicine; 2 years in academia; remainder in small animal private practice) seeks employment in a municipal or private shelter setting. Experienced and educated in HVHQ spay/neuter; animal health and disease control; IL state and local laws; animal capture, handling and restraint; vaccination protocols; sanitation protocols; public education. Resume and references available upon request. Currently in the Chicago area, but willing to relocate for the right opportunity.Closing Date: December 31, 2013 Posted: December 14, 2012
Certified Veterinary Technician with 14 years experience in veterinary medicine (6 years in shelter medicine; 2 years in academia; remainder in small animal private practice) seeks employment in a municipal or private shelter setting. Experienced and educated in HVHQ spay/neuter; animal health and disease control; IL state and local laws; animal capture, handling and restraint; vaccination protocols; sanitation protocols; public education. Resume and references available upon request. Currently in the Chicago area, but willing to relocate for the right opportunity.Closing Date: December 31, 2013 Posted: December 1, 2012
Founder of BlogFourPaws.com, which is a frequently updated resource for pet parents on all things dog and pet related from news to how to that also engages and connects with readers through new content original to BlogFourPaws.com as well as social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Triberr, Pinterest, and Instagram- building brand awareness and a solid relationship with users and readers. Through past positions I’ve gained a wide variety of people, software and management skills that allow me to continually grow professionally such as: the ability to self-motivate, adapt to new environments, adapt and explore new software quickly, effectively manage schedules and appointments, effectively communicate and build relationships with co-workers and customers as well as phone and customer service etiquette which has been a constant point of praise and awards from previous positions and employers.Closing Date: December 31, 2013 Posted: July 4, 2012
Temple University Senior Student
I'm graduating Temple University this May (2012) and would LOVE to break into the PR field for an animal rescue. I'm a volunteer with Temple Cats and have volunteered with Nonlethal Options for Animals (NOA). I have experience with running social media, fostering, speaking with adopters directly answering questions and helping with the adoption process. I have been working with rescues since 2008 and want to continue with a career in animal rescues. I will be graduating with a major in Public Relations and a minor in Spanish. I'm hard working, outgoing and a fast learner. Please, consider me when you're looking to hire! Thank you for your time.Closing Date: December 31, 2013 Posted: February 1, 2012
Search by Category
Search by Location
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- The United States
- West Virginia