My name is Natalia Ruszaj and I am currently seeking financial roles within an animal field. I graduated with a BA in Finance however have a strong passion for Biology/Zoology/Science and animals as well. I currently volunteer at an animal shelter and dog walking part-time, however I would love to find a Financial Associate/ Assistant/Analyst position within a animal shelter/ clinic/hospital/organization. My resume is available upon request and please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.Closing Date: December 31, 2013 Posted: June 21, 2013
Looking for an unforgettable experience? The Volunteer Internship Programs at Farm Sanctuary's Watkins Glen, NY, Orland, CA, and Los Angeles, CA Shelters provide individuals with unique opportunities to advocate for and connect with farm animals, establish community with like-minded people, and acquire valuable knowledge of the various facets of animal protection. Since Farm Sanctuary was founded in 1986, interns have played a vital role in our efforts by enabling us to operate our shelters, conduct educational programs, and initiate campaigns to end the suffering of farm animals. Apply today and you too can contribute to Farm Sanctuary's life-saving work. Farm Sanctuary Internships are available at all of our shelters, as well as in various departments within our organization. Housing is provided for all interns who work at our California and New York Shelters. Occasionally, off-site internship opportunities may be available; in these special cases, housing is not provided. Internships require a one to three month commitment; please see our website for exact requirements for your desired position. All applicants must be 18 years or older and committed to Farm Sanctuary's goals and programs. Intern space is limited; early application is recommended. Apply online at http://www.farmsanctuary.org/get_involved/jobs/intern.html.Closing Date: June 30, 2014 Posted: June 1, 2013
I am a senior level marketing and information systems professional with 9 years of experience encompassing a unique combination of marketing, consulting, data analysis, configuration, programming, and project management for a fortune 18 healthcare information technology company. With a background in Midwest dairy farming, an ongoing humane society volunteer, and a strong passion for animal rights, I am seeking a remote job opportunity to utilize my skills to serve the overall mission of an animal welfare organization.Closing Date: May 10, 2014 Posted: May 10, 2013
Lehigh County Humane Society
We are currently seeking part time kennel technicians. Weekly hours range from 24-32hrs per week. Kennel techs should have outgoing and friendly personalities, be able to work in a fast paced team environment and be able to handle difficult situations. Kennel technicians, care for and clean animals daily which includes, morning feeding and cleaning, walking/exercising, identifying the special needs of all animals in the shelter's care, identifying and safely handling ill or aggressive animals. This position requires a high degree of patience and compassion. We are a team in the shelter working toward bettering the lives of the animals of Lehigh County. If you are interested in becoming a part of our shelter, please visit us today and apply in person.Closing Date: December 31, 2013 Posted: February 11, 2013
I am pretty much looking to use my skills and talents in any way to help animals. I have experience as a writer, editor/proofreader, and administrative assistant/bookkeeper. I'm also creative, detail-oriented, organized, and able to work from remote. I have experience volunteering in animal rescue/sheltering (domesticated animals, farm animals, wildlife). Interested in PT, FT, Temp, and Perm job positions that will allow me to save animals' lives.Closing Date: December 31, 2013 Posted: January 16, 2013
Humane Animal Resource Team, Inc.
Reports to: Board of DirectorsClosing Date: January 30, 2014 Posted: January 8, 2013
Location: Darien, GA 31305
Position Summary: This position directs and helps set the strategic goals of The Humane Animal Resource Team (HART) and our Animal Shelter. These strategic goals are developed in collaboration with the Board of Directors.
• Work directly with the board to develop annual strategies that will directly support our mission of “To Create a Humane and Effective Solution for the Stray and Abandoned Companion Animals of McIntosh County”, through adoptions and other positive outcomes that reduce the number of animals euthanized.
• Proactively develop relationships with shelters and alliance partners across the state.
• Supervise the staff members to ensure that job requirements are being met and understood and program goals are being met and successful. Report on progress as directed to the board.
• Participate in strategic planning, budgeting and determining goals for our shelter and well as assist the board with budget management.
• Assist in the planning of community events that increase adoptions & positive outcomes for the shelter.
• As needed, attend city council meetings, the HART monthly meetings, and other community meetings to advocate on behalf of HART and the animals.
• Implement and promote a volunteer program that identifies volunteer needs and ensure volunteers are actively engaged to support our strategies
• Work directly with board committees (marketing, communications, education, etc.) to develop proactive strategies to promote the shelter and its goals.
• Provide ongoing support, professional development and training opportunities for staff and volunteers.
• Expected to learn every aspect of the shelter, to include but not limited to, all routines of personnel.
• Ensure all safety, behavior/training and animal care protocols and procedures. Responsible for helping document the shelter policies and procedures and working with the Board of Directors to keep the Policy & Procedure manual up to date.
• Other duties as determined and assigned by the board.
• Management experience- preferably with an animal rescue or shelter.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Strong organizational skills
• Must be able to demonstrate prior success in program development
• Ability to work collaboratively within a shelter environment required
• Strong desire to work with animals, previous experience working with dogs and cats required
• Experience developing collaborative relationships to achieve a goal
• Experience in interacting with the general public and excellent customer service skills
• Ability to work with a team, manage deadlines and be flexible under pressure
• Basic computer skills required, including internet, Excel, Pet Finder, Shelterpro and database/data entry
• Work with a positive outlook, upbeat, energetic and taking initiative
• Ability to work some evenings and weekends and handle crisis
• Must be able to routinely lift 40 to 50 pounds
• Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
• Must be able to perform strenuous physical activity on a daily basis, including, but not limited to: climbing up and down ladders, lifting and carrying, reaching, stooping, squatting, cleaning and bending
• Must be able to work with strong, large animals, such as dogs with behavioral issues
Would like to combine my expertise in Graphic and Web Design, and also care for animals, whether directly, or in a creative capacity.Closing Date: January 8, 2014 Posted: January 8, 2013
I am pretty much looking to use my skills and talents in any way to help animals. I have experience as a writer, editor/proofreader, and administrative assistant/bookkeeper. I'm also creative, detail-oriented, organized, and able to work from remote. I have experience volunteering in animal rescue/sheltering (domesticated animals, farm animals, wildlife). Interested in PT, FT, Temp, and Perm job positions that will allow me to save animals' lives.Closing Date: December 31, 2013 Posted: January 7, 2013
Certified Veterinary Technician with 14 years experience in veterinary medicine (6 years in shelter medicine; 2 years in academia; remainder in small animal private practice) seeks employment in a municipal or private shelter setting. Experienced and educated in HVHQ spay/neuter; animal health and disease control; IL state and local laws; animal capture, handling and restraint; vaccination protocols; sanitation protocols; public education. Resume and references available upon request. Currently in the Chicago area, but willing to relocate for the right opportunity.Closing Date: December 31, 2013 Posted: December 14, 2012
Certified Veterinary Technician with 14 years experience in veterinary medicine (6 years in shelter medicine; 2 years in academia; remainder in small animal private practice) seeks employment in a municipal or private shelter setting. Experienced and educated in HVHQ spay/neuter; animal health and disease control; IL state and local laws; animal capture, handling and restraint; vaccination protocols; sanitation protocols; public education. Resume and references available upon request. Currently in the Chicago area, but willing to relocate for the right opportunity.Closing Date: December 31, 2013 Posted: December 1, 2012
Search by Category
Search by Location
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- The United States
- West Virginia