Atlanta Pet Rescue & Adoption
Well established non-profit 501c3 dog and cat rescue seeks full time Operations Assistant. A strong work ethic, positive attitude, and ability to adapt to any situation or job duty is a must. Must be able to stay calm and focused in a fast-paced environment and have a passion for animal welfare. Must be a team player. Animal experience necessary. Please email resume. Email applications only, no phone calls please. Email resume to Laura at email@example.com.Closing Date: December 31, 2013 Posted: November 12, 2013
Humane Animal Resource Team, Inc.
Reports to: Board of DirectorsClosing Date: January 30, 2014 Posted: January 8, 2013
Location: Darien, GA 31305
Position Summary: This position directs and helps set the strategic goals of The Humane Animal Resource Team (HART) and our Animal Shelter. These strategic goals are developed in collaboration with the Board of Directors.
• Work directly with the board to develop annual strategies that will directly support our mission of “To Create a Humane and Effective Solution for the Stray and Abandoned Companion Animals of McIntosh County”, through adoptions and other positive outcomes that reduce the number of animals euthanized.
• Proactively develop relationships with shelters and alliance partners across the state.
• Supervise the staff members to ensure that job requirements are being met and understood and program goals are being met and successful. Report on progress as directed to the board.
• Participate in strategic planning, budgeting and determining goals for our shelter and well as assist the board with budget management.
• Assist in the planning of community events that increase adoptions & positive outcomes for the shelter.
• As needed, attend city council meetings, the HART monthly meetings, and other community meetings to advocate on behalf of HART and the animals.
• Implement and promote a volunteer program that identifies volunteer needs and ensure volunteers are actively engaged to support our strategies
• Work directly with board committees (marketing, communications, education, etc.) to develop proactive strategies to promote the shelter and its goals.
• Provide ongoing support, professional development and training opportunities for staff and volunteers.
• Expected to learn every aspect of the shelter, to include but not limited to, all routines of personnel.
• Ensure all safety, behavior/training and animal care protocols and procedures. Responsible for helping document the shelter policies and procedures and working with the Board of Directors to keep the Policy & Procedure manual up to date.
• Other duties as determined and assigned by the board.
• Management experience- preferably with an animal rescue or shelter.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Strong organizational skills
• Must be able to demonstrate prior success in program development
• Ability to work collaboratively within a shelter environment required
• Strong desire to work with animals, previous experience working with dogs and cats required
• Experience developing collaborative relationships to achieve a goal
• Experience in interacting with the general public and excellent customer service skills
• Ability to work with a team, manage deadlines and be flexible under pressure
• Basic computer skills required, including internet, Excel, Pet Finder, Shelterpro and database/data entry
• Work with a positive outlook, upbeat, energetic and taking initiative
• Ability to work some evenings and weekends and handle crisis
• Must be able to routinely lift 40 to 50 pounds
• Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
• Must be able to perform strenuous physical activity on a daily basis, including, but not limited to: climbing up and down ladders, lifting and carrying, reaching, stooping, squatting, cleaning and bending
• Must be able to work with strong, large animals, such as dogs with behavioral issues
Search by Category
Search by Location
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- The United States
- West Virginia