Adoption Follow-Up Questionnaire
New Pet's Name ___________________
Adopter's Name ____________________
Adopter's Address __________________
We would love to hear from you! Please take a moment to answer the following questions concerning your recent adoption:
1. How is your new pet adjusting to your home?
2. Have you taken your pet to your veterinarian for a follow-up visit?
a. What was the outcome?
b. Have you had any specific problems with your pet?
This questionnaire is mailed to everyone who adopts an animal from the Washington (D.C.) Humane Society. It's designed to inform staff of any problems in the adoption process and to make sure animals are successfully adjusting to their new homes.
This helpful questionnaire not only keeps the shelter in touch with adopters, but also increases the likelihood that animals will become permanent additions to their new households.
3. If you have other pets, how have they adjusted to your new pet?
If you have children, how is your new pet getting along with them?
4. Will the pet be or has the pet been spayed/neutered on the day we arranged?
5. Are you having any housetraining or chewing problems and if so, can we provide you with any assistance?
6. Have you had any other specific behavioral problems with your pet, such as cats spraying or clawing; dogs barking or chewing?
7. Is your pet having any difficulty with fleas, mange, or other skin problems?
8. Who is your veterinarian? Are you happy with the services the veterinarian provides?
9. Are rabies and distemper shots up to date?
10. What are you feeding your pet?
11. Where is your new pet sleeping?
12. If your new pet is a dog, how and when does he or she get exercise?
13. Does your dog wear a license or some other form of identification? What?
14. If your family wanted another pet, would you adopt again from an animal shelter or humane society? Why?
15. If you have only one cat, would you consider adopting another to keep the first company?
Is there any further assistance we can provide?
Would you please send us a picture of your pet? We like to display photos of happy, adopted pets for others to see!
OPTIONAL: What suggestions could you offer to help us increase our adoption rate and maintain quality placements?