Equine and Large Animal Cruelty Investigations
This day-long training covers illegal equine and large animal abuse and neglect, relevant Ohio laws, breed considerations and basic husbandry, investigative techniques and prosecutions. Trainers are current or former law enforcement and leading experts in the field of animal cruelty investigations.
- Standards of care and how to assess physical and living conditions
- Common conditions and potential causes
- Basic disease information
- Interpreting and applying relevant Ohio laws
- Investigating cruelty reports, unique considerations
- Interviews, warrants, and evidence collection
- Preparing for and executing a seizure
- Ongoing care, resources and case management
Choose from one of three locations – all sessions run from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Wednesday, November 6 – Clermont area
University of Cincinnati – Clermont College
4200 Clermont College Drive
Batavia, OH 45103
Thursday, November 7 – Columbus
Chester C. Christie Training Center
1111 E. Broad Street
Columbus, OH 43205
Friday, November 8 – Medina
University of Akron - Medina County University Center
6300 Technology Lane
Medina, OH 44256
Lunch and coffee will be provided and valuable prizes will be raffled. Earn continuing education credits (we have applied for advance approval of Certified Animal Welfare Administrator continuing education credits).
For Ohio state updates, visit the HSUS Ohio Facebook page.
Space is limited - register today!
The Humane State program thanks the following organization for their support: