Research Poster Session
Animal Care Expo’s poster session is a visual showcase of impactful new initiatives and recent research relevant to the field of animal sheltering. The posters will provide you with an easy way to dive into the data and study results with the people behind the projects. Posters will be on display in the exhibit hall throughout the conference, with the researchers on hand to discuss and answer questions during designated times.
One complimentary full conference registration will be awarded to one author of each poster chosen for presentation (registration is not transferable).
All are invited to submit an abstract for a poster presentation for review. Submissions are open from December 9th, 2019 to February 13th, 2020.
- Proposals should relate to original research, case reports or documentation of a project’s impact.
- To submit an abstract, fill out the form below with contact information for the presenting author and attach your abstract in PDF format. Label the file as [lastname_firstname] of the presenting author.
- The abstract should include the poster title; name, organization and city/state of each author; a statement of purpose; a summary of the background, methods, results and conclusions. Please limit your proposal to no more 500 words.
- Poster titles should clearly describe the project.
- Applicants should also describe in their abstract how they intend to present the project in poster format. Include what kind of visual materials will be used, such as photographs, data samples, or graphs, and how they will illustrate the project.
- By submitting a proposal, the author agrees, that should the presentation be accepted, that the author will be in attendance at Animal Care Expo to present the poster.
- The final poster is not required for submission, however, if selected, a PDF of the final poster must be submitted by April 22, 2020. This PDF of the poster will be posted along with other conference handouts on animalsheltering.org.
- Presenters are responsible for printing their posters and delivering them to the conference. A bulletin board and thumb tacks will be provided.
- Poster participation includes complimentary conference registration for the full conference for the poster presenter but does not include transportation, lodging or other travel costs.
Posters should be eye-catching, visual representations of a topic. An effective poster presentation highlights, with a visual display, the main points or components of a project, while drawing the viewer in and prompting further discussion. Text and images should be large enough to be seen from a distance of several feet. For tutorials on creating scientific posters, see these resources: Designing conference posters, Poster Basics - How to Create a Research Poster.
- February 13, 2020: Abstract submissions close
- February 21, 2020: Acceptance notifications sent via e-mail on or before this date
- April 22, 2020: PDF of accepted poster due
- May 6-9, 2020: Animal Care Expo
To submit your proposal, fill out the form below and upload your abstract.