NEW THIS YEAR: Submit a poster abstract to present at Animal Care Expo 2019!
The poster session aims to be a visual showcase of impactful new initiatives and recent research relevant to the field of animal sheltering. All are invited to submit abstracts for review. Posters addressing diverse topics within the field of animal sheltering are welcome.
Up to 10 poster presentations will be selected for Animal Care Expo 2019. Presenting authors will be required to stand (or sit) by their poster during the poster presentation sessions, Tuesday, April 15 12:30pm – 2pm and 6:30pm – 7:45pm, to facilitate interaction with conference attendees, answer questions and discuss the specifics of the study or project in a one-on-one or small group setting. Posters will be on display in the Exhibit Hall throughout the conference to allow attendees to view the information whenever the exhibit hall is open.
One complimentary full conference registration will be awarded to one author of each poster chosen for presentation (provided the author has not already received a complimentary registration).
Submission deadline extended through February 28th!
All are invited to submit an abstract for a poster presentation for review.
- Proposals should relate to original research, case reports or documentation of a project’s impact.
- To submit an abstract, fill out the form below with contact information for the presenting author and attach your abstract in PDF format. Label the file as [lastname_firstname] of the presenting author.
- The abstract should include the poster title; name, organization and city/state of each author; a statement of purpose; a summary of the background, methods, results and conclusions. Please limit your proposal to no more 500 words.
- Poster titles should clearly describe the project.
- Applicants should also describe in their abstract how they intend to present the project in poster format. Include what kind of visual materials will be used, such as photographs, data samples, or graphs, and how they will illustrate the project.
- By submitting a proposal, the author agrees, that should the presentation be accepted, that the author will be in attendance at Animal Care Expo to present the poster.
- The final poster is not required for submission, however, if selected, a PDF of the final poster must be submitted by April 1, 2019. This PDF of the poster will be posted along with other conference handouts on animalsheltering.org.
- Presenters are responsible for printing their posters and delivering them to the conference. Set up time for posters will coincide with exhibit hall set-up on Monday April 15. A bulletin board and thumb tacks will be provided.
- Poster participation includes complimentary conference registration for the full conference for the poster presenter but does not include transportation, lodging or other travel costs.
Posters should be eye-catching, visual representations of a topic. An effective poster presentation highlights, with a visual display, the main points or components of a project, while drawing the viewer in and prompting further discussion. Text and images should be large enough to be seen from a distance of several feet. For tutorials on creating scientific posters, see these resources: Designing conference posters, Poster Basics - How to Create a Research Poster
- November 28, 2018 - Abstract submissions open
- February 28, 2019 - Abstract submissions close
- March 15, 2019 - Acceptance notifications sent via e-mail
- March 22, 2019 - Poster presenter confirmations due
- April 1, 2019 - PDF of poster due
- April 15-18, 2019 - Animal Care Expo
- Monday April 15: set up poster by 5pm
- Tuesday April 16: poster sessions:
- 12:30 – 2pm [Exhibit Hall open 11:15 – 2pm]
- 6:30 – 7:45pm [Exhibit Hall open 5:30 – 7:45]
- Wednesday at 2:15pm, close of Exhibit Hall
To submit your proposal, fill out the form below and upload your abstract.