Download our Expo app on your mobile device for the most up to date schedule and event information: http://bit.ly/ACE2018app.
Sunday, May 13, 2018
- 4:00 PM – 9:00 PM: Conference Registration, sponsored by Michelson Found Animals
Monday, May 14, 2018
- 7:00 AM – 9:00 PM: Conference Registration, sponsored by Michelson Found Animals
- 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM: Learning labs (lunch served)
- 4:00 PM – 5:30 PM: Welcome session, sponsored by Petfinder Pro
Keynote Speaker, sponsored by Maddie's Fund. Join us in welcoming special guest Dr. Breeze Harper. What are "diversity, equity and inclusion" (DEI) and why are they so important—and so often misunderstood? How does DEI, an issue that impacts human beings, also impact the effectiveness of animal advocacy? How do some animal advocacy workplaces unintentionally create a less inclusive climate for racial minorities? And what return-on-investment can be expected from a properly implemented DEI initiative? Dr. Breeze Harper, a diversity strategist and analyst with Critical Diversity Solutions, will answer these questions and more.
- 5:30 PM – 8:30 PM: Exhibit hall open (dinner served)
Tuesday, May 15, 2018
- 7:30 AM – 7:30 PM: Conference Registration, sponsored by Michelson Found Animals
- 8:00 AM – 9:30 AM: Town Hall and Future of Animal Welfare Breakfast, sponsored by PetSmart Charities
- 9:45 AM – 11:15 AM: Workshop sessions
- 9:45 AM – 11:15 AM: Tour of Great Plains SPCA, sponsored by Companion Protect and Shor-Line
which serves more than 35,000 animals each year in the Kansas City metro area. Space is limited and pre-registration is required. Roundtrip transportation will be provided from the Convention Center. Please note these tours are offered as additional programming occurring during workshop hours.
- 11:15 AM – 2:00 PM: Exhibit hall open (lunch served)
- 1:15 PM – 1:30 PM: Exhibit hall mini workshop, sponsored by Maddie's Fund - Maddie’s Pet Forum, your one-stop, go-to spot for the animal welfare community to connect and share!
- 2:00 PM – 3:30 PM: Workshop sessions
- 4:00 PM – 5:30 PM: Shelter tour (see tour description above)
- 4:00 PM – 5:30 PM: Workshop sessions
- 5:30 PM – 7:45 PM: Exhibit hall open/Networking social (dinner served)
- 6:45 PM – 7:00 PM: Exhibit hall mini workshop, sponsored by Maddie's Fund - Want to learn how to grow your lifesaving programs in your shelters and your community? Introducing Maddie’s University, where you can find out what you need to know to amplify your impact through CE and standalone training programs designed specifically for you.
- 8:00 PM – 10:00 PM: Movie Premiere: "Life in the Doghouse," sponsored by FilmRise - A free event for up to 400 attendees, Director and Producer Ron Davis will introduce his heartwarming and compelling feature-length documentary and be joined by the stars, Danny Robertshaw and Ron Danta, for Q & A after. Ron and Danny will also be joining us Wednesday morning for a special workshop on all things “rescue.”
Watch the movie trailer
Wednesday, May 16, 2018
- 7:30 AM – 5:30 PM: Conference Registration, sponsored by Michelson Found Animals
- 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM: Round Table Discussions and Breakfast
- 10:15 AM – 11:45 AM: Workshop sessions
- 11:45 AM – 2:15 PM: Exhibit hall open (lunch served)
- 1:00 PM – 1:15 PM: Exhibit hall mini workshop, sponsored by Maddie's Fund - What do a Neonatal Kitten Nursery, Dog and Cat Foster and Clinic Apprenticeships and Lifesaving Master Classes all having in common? They all aim to inspire shelter professionals to become leaders and share what they learn in their communities. Learn about the Maddie’s Lifesaving Academy in Austin, TX!
- 2:15 PM – 3:45 PM: Workshop sessions
- 4:00 PM – 5:30 PM: Special session: Innovation showdown, sponsored by Petco Foundation
- 8:00 PM – 12:00 AM: Expo party, sponsored by Companion Protect - The annual Expo Party is the perfect way to relax, unwind and enjoy interacting with old friends and new ones. You won’t want to miss it!
Thursday, May 17, 2018
- 8:30 AM – 11:00 AM: Conference Registration, sponsored by Michelson Found Animals
- 9:00 AM – 10:30 AM: Workshop sessions
- 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM: Workshop sessions
- 12:30 PM: Expo ends. See you next year in New Orleans!