We are excited to announce the launch of our Humane State: Kansas Year 3 trainings! Join us for one of two upcoming free trainings for law enforcement, animal control officers and humane officers. Lunch and coffee will be provided and valuable prizes will be raffled.
Earn continuing education credits
We have been pre-approved by the Society of Animal Welfare Administrators (SAWA) for 7 Certified Animal Welfare Administrator continuing education credits. Ask your department head to approve for KSPOST credit!
For Kansas updates, visit the HSUS Kansas Facebook page.
Choose from one of two locations. All trainings are from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday, June 25: Topeka
Helping Hands Humane Society
5720 SW 21st Street
Topeka, KS 66604
Wednesday, June 26: Wichita*
109 Main St.
Valley Center, KS 67147
*After lunch, we'll travel to Hope In The Valley Equine Rescue (9025 N Broadway, Valley Center, KS 67147) for the hands-on portion of the training.
Equine Cruelty Investigations
This day-long training covers illegal equine abuse and neglect, applicable state laws, investigative techniques and interventions. Attendees will learn:
- Equine standards of care and how to assess physical and living conditions
- Common conditions and potential causes
- How to investigate equine cruelty complaints and, if indicated, how to plan for intervention, seizure
- How to interpret and apply relevant cruelty laws
- Hands-on training with live horses