The Humane State Program provides support to the shelter and rescue community on multiple levels. Join us for our upcoming free training in Warwick, RI, serving area shelter and rescue staff and volunteers. Lunch and coffee will be provided, and great prizes will be raffled!
For Rhode Island updates, visit our HSUS Rhode Island page and/or our main HSUS Facebook page. For Connecticut updates, visit our HSUS Connecticut State page and/or the HSUS Connecticut Facebook page. For Massachusetts updates, visit our HSUS Massachusetts State page and/or the HSUS Massachusetts Facebook page.
662 West Shore Road
Warwick, R.I. 02889
All workshops are from 8:30am—4:30pm
Training dates & topics:
Wednesday, November 8, 2017
- The Five Freedoms—Making sure you’re providing humane care for each and every animal in your facility.
- People Skills for Animal People—How good people skills can help further your organization’s goals.
- Catucopia—A cornucopia of ways to save more cats! Learn about programs to reduce intake, increase lifesaving and expand options for cats in the community.
- Adopters Welcome—Finding safe, secure, quality homes for animals without unnecessary scrutiny and judgment.
- Policy Matters: Clearing the Path for Life-saving Programs—Ensure the good work you do for animals is supported by your policy framework at the state, local and organizational level.
- Protect Cats
- Effective Animal Management for Building Humane Communities toolkit
- Humane Discourse toolkit
- Pets are Welcome guide to advocacy
- Pets for Life
- Repealing Breed-Specific Legislation toolkit
- Adopters Welcome