Best Friends Animal Society is a leading national animal welfare organization dedicated to ending the killing of dogs and cats in America's shelters.
We are looking for an experienced Adoptions and Animal Care Manager, with at least 2 years’ experience working for or with a humane organization. In this position, you would manage the operations of the Salt Lake City Lifesaving Center, Kitten Nursery and Foster Program.
If you are a great communicator, love working in a fast-paced environment where you juggle multiple tasks and demands, have the ability to interact with the public and experienced with animal training, handling and restraint, you are the applicant we are looking for.
Operational responsibilities include the hiring and performance management of staff, ensuring organizational standards of animal care and customer service, finding solutions to increase positive outcomes and reduce length of stay, management of the associated budgets, and helping set and achieve Best Friends in Utah’s lifesaving goals. To be successful in this role you should have:
- Management and leadership experience: 3+ years of management experience preferred
- Background in the No-Kill movement: 2 + years’ experience working for or with a humane organization preferred
- Proven track record overseeing animal sheltering operations, including population management and animal flow, adoption program, and implementing operations that reduce length of stay
- Experience with cultivating, training, and retaining volunteers.
- Animal training, behavior, handling, and restraint experience required.
- Valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record. Experience with and ability to drive large multi-passenger vehicles, including vehicles over 10,000 pounds
Best Friends Animal Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
This is a full time job.
Posting Date: July 19, 2019
Closing Date: September 19, 2019