Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the day to day operations of all animal behavior programs which includes but not limited to behavior assessments, enrichment programs, volunteers, and modification programs.
- Manage behavior staff which includes hiring, terminations, payroll, scheduling, performance reviews, counseling, training and general productivity of the workforce.
- Conduct group dog training classes as well as private on site consultations.
- Design, teach, and provide oversight of dog training classes and supervise trainers teaching these classes.
- Assist pet owners with specific behavior and care needs through behavior helpline, private consultations, classes assisting with adoptions and public inquiries.
- Develop new curriculum and programs related to animal behavior that will keep us current in animal welfare.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or 10 years of behavior experience in lieu of degree.
- CPDT certification preferred.
- Minimum 2 years shelter experience.
- Experience with animals including: animal handling, breed identification and identifying behavioral and health issues.
- Experience with personnel supervision and familiarity with scheduling, hiring and progressive discipline.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work independently.
- Experience in teaching classes and program development a plus.
This is a full time job.
Pasadena Humane Society & SPCA
Posting Date: September 11, 2019
Closing Date: September 27, 2019