Our mission is building a community of caring by helping animals and educating people.
The Anti-Cruelty Society is accepting applications for Animal Care Specialist. Under the direct supervision of Shelter management, the Animal Care Specialist is responsible for maintaining the healthiest, sanitary, safe and comfortable conditions for animals in the shelter and EAC; learning the requirements for responsible animal care; sharing this information with the public; and screening potential adopters in order to ensure the best possible match between animal and adopter.
• Feed, water and safely move animals; obey all special restrictions placed on animals; exercise caution when handling animals and seek help when necessary.
• Mark all kennel cards and report any abnormalities to management as soon as possible.
• Clean and disinfect all housing and holding areas according to established guidelines in the required time periods as well as throughout the day.
• Ensure that all animals are safe and secure when cleaning is finished.
• Socialize animals as time allows.
• Have adequate understanding of The Anti-Cruelty Society adoption and disposition policies and be able to communicate them to the public.
• Have adequate familiarity with all of The Anti-Cruelty Society’s forms and their use.
• Greet all guests in a pleasant manner, being objective, courteous and reasonable at all times. Assist in directing the public to appropriate areas.
• Determine applicant suitability for adoption according to the Anti-Cruelty Society’s policies.
• Counsel adopters in general care, training and ownership responsibilities.
• Respect the physical plant and equipment; report all building, caging and environmental problems to a management or maintenance staff member as soon as possible.
• Ensure that all equipment is in good repair, adequately stocked and kept neatly in its appropriate place. Stocking can be accomplished using wheeled carts.
• Operate and carefully maintain all records necessary to ensure accurate cash, credit and check handling.
• Accurately and efficiently complete all adoption and donation transactions and maintain proper cash POS registers.
• Follow necessary closing procedures to ensure a balanced cash report.
• Secure monies and value equipment in lockbox.
• Must respect animals and believe in The Anti-Cruelty Society‘s mission and philosophy.
• Attend all scheduled meetings on and offsite.
• Must adhere to PetSmart Charities policies and procedures.
• Foster a positive working relationship with PetSmart management and staff.
• Assume other duties as assigned which could include the role of a Customer Service Representative as needed.
High school diploma or GED required. Minimum of one year of experience working in this field or related field preferred.
Note: A comparable combination of education, experience or training that would provide the level of knowledge, skills and ability required may qualify an individual.
Available to travel to EAC or shelter locations, work an extended schedule, including weekends, early mornings, evenings and holidays according to job demands. Ability to accommodate adjusted schedule to cover EAC or shelter hours.
This is a full time job
Job Contact Details
Closing Date: Sunday, March 1, 2020