The Animal Care Specialist at Pets In Need Redwood City must be a certified canine trainer from a certifying organization and practice positive reinforcement/force free training methods. He/she will be responsible for collaborating with Animal Care colleagues and adoption and medical staff to create behavior management programs and to provide direct behavior care and work with Pets In Need animals. The Animal Care Specialist must be well-organized, detail-oriented, and comfortable working with people as well as animals.
EXPERIENCE, ABILITIES AND QUALITIES REQUIRED:
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license with a good driving record.
- Minimum of three (3) years animal behavior experience.
- Canine trainer credential from a certifying organization is required
- Maturity, good judgment and professional personal appearance.
- Be comfortable and skilled in working with a culturally diverse staff, volunteers and community.
- Affection for animals, concern for their welfare and a willingness to accommodate animals in the workplace.
- Must understand and support Pets In Need’s No Kill mission and positive reinforcement position statement.
This is a full time job.
Posting Date: May 20, 2019
Closing Date: August 20, 2019