Responsible for supervision of staff and activities in the Intake area. Ensure timely intake of all animals. Hire, train, and schedule staff. Coordinate movement of animals from Intake into the Kennel or Clinic as needed. Verify database information is accurate. Also perform animal intake as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Hire, train, manage, and terminate Intake staff. • Schedule staff ensuring proper coverage each day.
- Organize Intake work areas.
- Coordinate with Clinic Manager when injured or sick animals need immediate medical attention.
- Coordinate with Placement team when urgent (nursing mothers, neonatal kittens, etc.) placement is needed for an animal.
- Develop medical supply inventory system. Coordinate with Clinic Manager to order medical supplies.
- Initiate flow of animals from Intake into Kennel.
- Each evening, ensure adequate intake space is available for overnight drop offs.
- Properly clean and disinfect dog and cat cages.
- Verify database accuracy.
- Troubleshoot intake errors/issues daily. Make corrections as needed.
- Safely and properly handling all animals including bite quarantine animals, vicious animals and feral cats.
- Euthanize animals or assist with euthanasia.
- Take specimens of rabies suspect animals.
- Transport sick or injured animals to offsite veterinarians or outreach events as needed. • Other tasks as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge of general animal care principles and practices.
- Ability to stand for extended periods (8 hours a day) and to bend and reach to perform assigned work activities.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs. without assistance.
- Ability to interact with impounded dogs, cats and other animals including vicious, stray, sick or injured animals. Ability to handle seeing and dealing with animals that have been abused, neglected or treated cruelly.
- Ability to understand and follow a variety of oral and written instructions/procedures.
- Ability to learn animal management software system and accurately enter information into the software system.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to learn/perform a variety of animal care related work activities.
- Ability to serve the public and fellow employees with honesty and integrity.
- Ability to handle performing or assisting with euthanasia.
- Must be available to work on weekends.
- Must pass background check and drug screening.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must like animals!
This is a full time job.
Posting Date: January 11, 2019
Closing Date: February 11, 2019