This position is responsible for oversight of daily operations of the Animal Shelter and performs the following administrative, customer service, and technical duties related to the care and management of shelter animals.
• Hires, trains, assigns, schedules, supervises, evaluates and disciplines assigned personnel.
• Administers and enforces Title 24 of Borough Code as it pertains to the care of animals.
• Administers recordkeeping for the shelter section of the facility.
• Issues vaccination certificates and licenses, including kennel, cattery and mushing licenses.
• Assists the Veterinarian with appropriate medical treatments, including the dispensing of medicine.
• Develops and delivers employee training; monitors staff to ensure they follow established protocols, processes, and safety rules.
• Tracks animal inventory, behavior inventory, and may assist medical staff with medical inventory.
• Monitors facility inventory of supplies, creates purchase orders and maintains recordkeeping of supplies and submits for budgetary review.
• Monitors operations budget and provides updates to supervisor.
• Ensures the safety and sanitation of the facility.
• Stays current on animal shelter and adoption best practices.
• Ensures the well-being, safety, and humane treatment of animals.
• Follows and enforces disease control protocols to ensure a safe and healthy environment.
• Fosters relationships with animal rescue groups and foster families.
• Ensures all facility equipment is in proper working order.
• Manages customer situations and responds promptly to customer needs.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in the animal care field, performing duties related to ensuring the appropriate care and management of shelter animals; sufficient to thoroughly understand the work of subordinate positions, including (3) years of supervisory experience.
• Must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and post-offer employment physical.
• Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver's license issued by the State of Alaska for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
This is a full time job
Job Contact Details
Closing Date: Sunday, July 19, 2020