The chief executive officer (CEO) is a visionary leader whose decision-making skills and strategic initiatives reflect a commitment to the mission of the Humane Society of Boulder Valley (HSBV). Serving as a dynamic liaison between the organization and the public, staff, volunteers, community leaders, government officials, veterinary community, animal welfare organizations, media, donors and other constituents, the CEO promotes the mission, vision and policies of the organization as established by the board of directors. The CEO is responsible for the administration of all programs and services of HSBV and has a strategic vision for, and ability to execute, the plans and policies of the organization. S/he possess a thorough knowledge of current companion animal issues, exceptional people skills, an appreciation for staff and volunteers, and the ability to motivate and educate those with whom s/he comes in contact.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a substantial leadership role, either reporting directly to or working closely with a Board of Directors is expected.
- Demonstrated knowledge of non-profit administration, including board management and maintenance of tax-exempt status.
- Animal welfare experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in
- Personnel management
- Business administration
- Promotion and fundraising
- Finance, accounting, and budgeting
- Contract negotiations
- Risk management
- Certified Animal Welfare Administrator (CAWA) preferred
View the full position details at https://boulderhumane.org/content/employment-opportunities.
To apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter summarizing your qualifications as they relate to the position description to email@example.com.
This is a full time job.
Humane Society of Boulder Valley
Posting Date: February 8, 2019
Closing Date: March 8, 2019