The fastest growing animal welfare organization in the region is looking for a Chief Operations Officer to help save more lives and support more pet families. The Brandywine Valley SPCA cares for more than 14,000 animals each year plus provides services to the community such as affordable veterinary care.
We know that caring for animals is more than just a job, it's our passion. We have a team of dedicated and compassionate people who work tirelessly to care for every animal that comes into our shelter. We work together every day to make a difference in the lives of animals.
The Chief Operations Officer is responsible for directing the daily shelter and animal health center operations for all of the BVSPCA locations. This person is responsible for establishing policies and procedures that limit liability and ensure the smooth operation of the shelter and animal health center locations
• Reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer. Works to manage the daily operations and medical centers at all of the campuses in both Pennsylvania and Delaware.
• Collaborates with the Chief Executive Officer to develop and implement long term strategic goals for the organization, ensuring consistency and execution across all locations.
• Assess needs for all aspects of the shelter including intake, outcomes, and other functions.
• Assess needs for the animal health center including scheduling, pricing, and other functions.
• Oversees the writing and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure all private and public animals are treated quickly and efficiently.
• Works with the Directors of Operations and the Director of Clinic Services to establish clear, well-defined guidelines for employee attendance and performance monitoring. Holds leadership accountable for their teams meeting all expectations.
• Creates a culture that demonstrates and promotes the company mission, vision, and core values.
• Leads employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication.
• Sets comprehensive goals for performance and growth of staff members. Mentors staff members and recommends any additional training to develop staff skills.
• Acts as point of contact for the Director of Operations and Director of Clinic Services for any escalated issues regarding employee issues, animal care, euthanasia decisions, customer service, and client issues.
• Oversees the relationship with all clients including the Office of Animal Welfare, escalating any outstanding issues to the Chief Executive Officer.
• Works closely with the Chief Executive Officer and the Chief Financial Officer to develop departmental budgets and ensure daily operations are meeting budgeted goals.
• Promotes the organization in our communities by acting as an ambassador and establishing relationships that benefit the operational and fiscal success of the BVSPCA.
• 5 years operational experience in an animal sheltering environment
• Excellent verbal and written skills as well as organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to be self-motivated and disciplined.
• Experience with developing and maintaining productive working relationships with clients, donors, directors, and partners.
• Strong management experience, able to effectively problem-solve challenging situations.
• Ability to work with wide diversity of individuals, including board members, high level corporate executives and managers.
• College degree, preferably in non-profit management or a related field such as marketing, communications, public relations, or business and a minimum of 5 years of proven successful experience in the area of operations management.
This is a full time job
Job Contact Details
Closing Date: Sunday, June 14, 2020