General Description and Responsibilities:
The Community Events Manager will oversee the planning, promotion, and execution of awareness, fundraising, and other community events for Ruff Start Rescue. This position will bring awareness and help generate revenue in support of the mission: Ruff Start Rescue is dedicated to saving the lives of at-risk animals. We also collaborate, communicate, and educate about the importance of animal rescue and welfare.
Reports To: Director of Development
Oversee: Event leads, Event Volunteers, Adoption Day Coordinator(s)
Hours: Part time 25-30 hrs/week
Specific Job Duties:
Seek out new event prospects, schedule events, recruit volunteers, assist with promotion, successfully implement events, and create event reports. Collect and transport supplies. Work with communications department to develop promotional materials. Assist in networking all events through social media, email, fliers, newspapers, radio, television etc. as appropriate. Respond promptly to emails and phone calls. Collaborate with volunteers and staff on prospective and existing events. Track budgets, all expenses, and income for each event. Oversee the Adoption Day Coordinators to ensure that adoption events remain well executed and successful.
Specific Job Skills and Requirements:
- Must be 21+ and have a valid driver’s license
- Must be willing and able to drive to Princeton and attend events and fundraisers in central MN as needed
- Must be able to work on-site 2 days weekly at the facility in Princeton
- Must be available to work some weekends and evenings as appropriate
- Ability to work courteously and cooperatively with all members of RSR and the public
- Work as a team player supporting the overall goals of the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills - outgoing, patient, professional, and able to work with a diverse group of people
- Access to a computer with internet capabilities and a smartphone on a daily basis to respond to emails, create meeting notes, recruit, and share information through social media
- Ability to recruit volunteers and organize trainings to acclimate volunteers into new positions
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment under tight deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel
- Proficiency in use of social media sites such as Facebook, Eventbrite, Instagram, and Twitter
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision and direction
- Demonstrate ability to follow protocols set forth by the organization
- Demonstrate an understanding and compassion for animal welfare issues and trends
Must have a flexible schedule and availability. Weekend and evening hours may be required on a monthly basis. The Community Events Manager will maintain a 25-30 hour/weekly part-time position. Hours may vary slightly during peak times of the year. Must be able to attend monthly meetings and be on-site at the Princeton facility 2-3 days a week. The majority of events will take place in the Twin Cities metro and Princeton areas.
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume, and three references to Apply@ruffstartrescue.org. Interested applicants who do not include all three items in their submission will not be considered.
This is a part time job.
Posting Date: March 18, 2019
Closing Date: April 30, 2019