Grant Writer for Global Sanctuary for Elephants(GSE)
Global Sanctuary for Elephants, a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit headquartered in Brentwood, Tennessee, is seeking an experienced Grant Writer to identify and secure grant funds in support of our mission, protecting, rescuing and providing sanctuary for elephants worldwide, and our pilot project - Elephant Sanctuary Brazil.
The plight of captive elephants and the benefits of sanctuary are not fully understood by the general public. The Grant Writer is responsible for educating potential funders (and the public) about these amazing and complex animals and the incredible healing impact of sanctuary. Honoring the integrity of sanctuary and the spirit of the elephants requires that each and every function be carried out with the highest level of diligence and respect for the elephants in our care and those still waiting for sanctuary. This position will work in collaboration with staff and board to develop grants that communicate or mission and the plight of elephants we strive to protect.
The Grant Writer will be responsible for:
· Researching private foundation and corporate sponsorship, giving, and grant programs.
· Development of a grant deadline calendar and proposal strategy/grant budget.
· Cultivation of relationships with foundation and corporate contacts.
· Schedule meetings and presentations for staff and board members to potential funders.
· Write and submit grant proposals and supporting materials
· Manage grant reporting requirements
· Other community relations and development activities as needed to secure corporate and foundation support.
Experience Requirements include:
· Ability to collaborate with staff and board while working remotely.
· Ability to work under stressful deadlines and juggle multiple grant projects.
· Requires a communication and writing style that is professional while also expressing the passion and compassion inherent to GSE’s mission.
· Must be fluent in Microsoft Office, Powerpoint, Excel, and online application processes.
· Must be both an efficient and thorough researcher, organized with strong time management and strong attention to details.
· 3-5 years of experience in grant proposal writing – animal welfare experience a plus.
· Requires a flexible schedule and the ability to work out of your home office.
Job Type: Contract/Temp
Contact Information and Procedure:
This is a part-time contract position and requires a flexible schedule with availability during daytime hours and the ability to work independently out of your home office.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and writing sample to Jill Moore via email at email@example.com.
This is a part time job
Job Contact Details
Closing Date: Saturday, July 18, 2020