Manage fundraising, special events and donor activities to raise financial support for the DCSPCA to enable meeting the strategic goals of the organization. The Development Director, working closely with the Executive Director, is accountable for the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors through personal contact, direct mail and newsletter campaigns, fundraising and awareness events, foundation research and grant request writing, planned giving, monthly giving, matching gifts, solicitation of corporate gifts, donor acknowledgment and management of donor records. Perform job duties within established protocols and procedures set by the Dutchess County SPCA.
Essential Functions (These tasks are illustrative only; to carry out the day-to-day functions of the job, other duties may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.)
- Implement strategies to build individual donor and major donor gifts to maintain operations and develop Capital Campaign revenue;
- Plan and oversee special events and fundraising projects and take appropriate action based on analysis to ensure that fundraising goals are met;
- Negotiate prices with vendors on supplies and services for events and seeks pro bono services and materials from new and existing businesses whenever possible;
- Continuously seeks to develop new projects and fundraising concepts to ensure long-term and immediate fundraising for the organization consistent with agency financial goals;
- Produces and distributes fundraising print materials such as letters, flyers, posters and develop marketing materials and opportunities to increase agency visibility;
- Prepare and distribute press/media releases;
- Conduct grant research to identify potential grant funders whose priorities are most compatible with the mission of DCSPCA;
- Write grant proposals, reports, special events materials, and provide requested report and support materials to Board of Directors and designated committees;
- Conduct individual, corporate and foundation prospecting;
- Write and coordinate donor appeal letter mailings and other communications, including newsletter, and liaise with graphic designer;
- Draft and coordinate annual report, brochure and other agency publications;
- Coordinate website development;
- Maintain DCSPCA listings and profiles on GuideStar and other relevant web-based programs and applications;
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
Three (3) years non-profit development experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have excellent oral and written communication skills; strong proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel, Publisher, SalesForce and other relevant computer systems; and must have strong understanding and skills in the area of organization, planning and records management.
This is a full time job.
Posting Date: October 8, 2019
Closing Date: December 1, 2019