Best Friends Animal Society is a leading national animal welfare organization dedicated to ending the killing of dogs and cats in America's shelters.
We are looking for an experienced Dog Caregivers to work within a team setting to oversee the health, well-being and general care of dogs at our sanctuary in Kanab, Utah.
If you have a strong desire to work with dogs, comfortable handling dogs with behavioral issues which may include shyness, fearfulness and aggression, strong listening skills, good communication skills and willing to work on weekends/holidays with varying shift times, you are the applicant we are looking for.
Responsibilities include: caring and handling of animals that have significant behavioral and medical issues, feeding, watering medicating, identifying behavioral issues, socializing/enrichment, walking, cleaning, and light grooming.
To be successful in this role you should have:
- Strong desire to work with dogs. Previous experience a plus.
- Comfortable handling dogs with behavioral issues which may include shyness, fearfulness and aggression
- Willing to work on weekends/holidays/varying shift times.
- Strong interpersonal skills, i.e., ability to develop positive relationships with others and demonstrate sensitivity to the thoughts, feelings and perspectives of others
- Ability to routinely lift 40 to 50 pounds, work out of doors in all weather conditions, with temperatures ranging from below freezing to 100 degrees.
- Ability to work with physically strong dogs.
- Ability to bend, stoop, hike, walk, kneel, and lift
Best Friends Animal Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
This is a full time job.
Posting Date: July 19, 2019
Closing Date: August 19, 2019