The Suncoast Humane Society (SHS) has an opportunity for an experienced and energetic Executive Director in the animal welfare industry. The ideal candidate should possess strong skills in the following areas:
- Strategic Planning – Partner with SHS Board of Trustees (BOT) and key staff to further our vision for the future with an understanding that no animal is homeless or in need of care due to abuse, neglect or abandonment.
- Fundraising – The Executive Director in combination with the BOT’s and appropriate staff, is responsible for developing and implementing fundraising systems, events and strategies that enable SHS to meet its financial goals and carry out its programs.
- Administration – Overall responsibility for the day to day operations. Support, develop and retain staff to facilitate the effective operation of SHS.
- Communications & Public Relations – This position serves as the primary spokesperson and public face for SHS. In this role, you should be able to effectively promote the organization, advocate our mission and build relationships with individuals/groups critical to our success.
- Financial/Business Management - The Executive Director’s role is to see that SHS’s goals and strategic plan serve as the basis for sound financial management. Also ensure solid budgeting and accounting systems are in place and that appropriate financial controls and risk management strategies protect the organizations assets.
To see a full job description, go to: www.humane.org/about/careers-jobs/
To apply send a cover letter and your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please no phone calls
Review of applicants will begin on September 16, 2019 and end on November 1, 2019.
This is a full time job.
Suncoast Humane Society
Posting Date: September 11, 2019
Closing Date: November 1, 2019