At Humane Animal Rescue, we strive to provide high-quality information, resources, and services to good Samaritans and pet owners coming for assistance. As an organization, we are working to reduce animal abuse as well as help shelter pets shelter through the provision of helpful, supportive proactive services that recognize and prevent ongoing animal abuse as well as reunite lost pets with owners.
• Manage Humane Investigations phone line, retrieve messages, and return calls reporting animal abuse.
• Maintain extreme confidentiality of all phone calls and pending humane cases.
• Work closely with Humane Animal Rescue Humane Officer in coordinating investigations and assembling evidence for court cases.
• Create dispatch information in shelter software and maintain dispatch spreadsheet.
• Assist in maintaining department vehicles by performing regular maintenance and cleaning; re-stock vehicle as needed.
• Follow all admissions procedures and protocols for animals brought into the facility by City of Pittsburgh Animal Control.
• Manage Lost & Found phone line, retrieve messages, return calls and enter lost reports into shelter software as necessary.
• Work with Admissions Team to reunite lost pets entering the shelter with owners by tracking down and documenting all leads available.
• Maintain cleanliness of cages of animals brought into the facility by City of Pittsburgh Animal Control.
• Transport animals and supplies to various organization locations and other locations around Pittsburgh region.
• Assist Admissions and Relocation team as necessary
• Provides accurate information and friendly professional service to the public and to co-workers in a positive, courteous, truthful and tactful manner.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Passion for animals and animal welfare.
• Some previous animal handling experience required.
• Must have valid PA driver’s license with acceptable driving record and be comfortable driving a variety of vehicles.
• Strong attention to detail.
• The ability to make rational decisions and be professional in an emotional environment/situation.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability and desire to interface with the public, volunteers, and key organizational partners.
• Ability to rationalize when faced with emotional decisions.
• Ability to stay focused on the priorities of the job; strong time management skills with the ability to handle numerous responsibilities at once and work well under pressure.
• Must be able to work standing or sitting for 8 hours.
• Must be able to lift 60 lbs.
• Ability to work and think independently; proven organization skills with attention to detail.
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• Experience with Microsoft Office and web browsers.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee could be exposed to hazards associated with aggressive animals; hazards associated with infected animals and controlled substances; exposure to unpleasant odors and noises; exposure to bites, scratches and animal wastes; and possible exposure to contagious diseases. The employee will primarily be working in the shelter environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Please note: some weekends, evenings and holidays are required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to bend, stand, stoop, walk, sit, talk, listen, hear; use hands to finger, manipulate, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This role routinely requires handling of animals in varying degrees of behavior and requires keen observational skills, as well as dexterity with a leash and other training equipment used with both cats and dogs. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift or handle animals, carriers, and other equipment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Travel between North Side and East End locations may be required from time to time; employee will be based at one shelter but may need to assist at the other location as needed.
• Travel transporting animals and supplies around the Pittsburgh region is required. Company vehicle is provided for transporting animals.
Required Education and Experience:
• Associates Degree of higher education preferred.
• Degree in animal or social work/psychology area helpful.
• At least 2 years work experience with animals.
Please click below to apply:
This is a full time job
Job Contact Details
Closing Date: Wednesday, September 16, 2020