In this exciting part-time position, the Foster Coordinator/Rescue Assistant will be responsible for handling our fosters and looking after the adoptable dogs currently in our facility in Queens, New York. We are looking for a reliable and confident person who loves dogs and has prior experience with handling dogs within the animal rescue industry. Foster Coordinator/Rescue Assistant will be the main point of contact for our fosters and will need to follow up with our fosters frequently, to ensure that their assigned foster dog is doing well. Additionally, the Foster Coordinator/Rescue Assistant oversees all tasks connected to the care of the dogs in the facility in Queens, such as: walking, feeding, play time, crate training, potty training, cleaning all areas where dogs are, keeping dogs safe, and giving medications to dogs when required. The activities will take place at our facility in Queens on weekdays (Sunday-Friday) and at our adoption events in Brooklyn on weekends (Saturdays). The hours will vary depending on shifts and what time the adoption events are scheduled.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about dog rescue, loves spending time with dogs and building relationships, and is ready to make a difference!
Who we need:
- Experience with handling multiple dogs at a time (i.e.: previously worked at a dog shelter or rescue)
- Very good technical skills of the full G-Suite and MS Office Suite
- Positive attitude
- Highly reliable and a team player
- Self-motivated in completing tasks
- Strong communication skills
- Be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Availability to work on Saturday, as this is huge requirement
- 4 weekdays (Sunday-Thursday) per week in Queens & Saturdays in Brooklyn (or TBD based on adoption event location)
- Direct contact with dogs (walking, feeding, charting behavior, appetite, urinating, bowel movements, cognizant of any medical issues, cleaning up after dogs, etc.)
- Main point of contact for the foster network, which involves:
- Ensuring that the fosters are handling and caring for their foster dog properly
- Scheduling with fosters (such as coordinating adoption event pick-up/drop-off, vet pick-up/drop offs, etc.)
- Relaying information between the fosters and the organization (such as acquiring photos, videos, and specific details about each foster dog and relaying it back to the organization in a timely fashion)
- Maintaining and building the foster network (which includes assisting with marketing plans to promote fostering)
How to Apply:
In order to be considered, please submit a brief cover letter along with your resume. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected to interview will be contacted. The payment will vary depending on the selected applicant's amount of experience. Please do not follow up via email or phone. Thank you for understanding.
This is a part time job.
Korean K9 Rescue
Posting Date: August 12, 2019
Closing Date: December 12, 2019