The mission of the SPCA of Texas is dedicated to providing every animal exceptional care and a loving home. It is the leading animal welfare organization in North Texas. Founded in 1938, the non-profit operates two shelters, three spay/neuter clinics, two mobile spay/neuter vehicles, one mobile adoptions vehicle and an animal rescue center, all located in Dallas and Collin Counties, and maintains a team of animal cruelty investigators who respond to thousands of calls in seven North Texas counties. Moreover, the SPCA of Texas serves as an active resource center for an array of services that bring people and animals together to enrich each other’s lives. To learn more about the SPCA of Texas, visit www.spca.org
Reports to – Chief Investigator
Essential Functions of the Position:
1. Maintain database by entering accurate information on cases.
2. Check and clear voice messages, promptly answering, returning phone calls and documenting calls on phone log.
3. Represent the SPCA of Texas by providing excellent customer service and focus.
4. Investigates complaints of animal cruelty in a timely manner
5. Assists in prosecution of cases
6. Gathers evidence and prepares reports
7. Helps support new legislation regarding animal cruelty
8. Builds working relationship with law enforcement
9. Must be eligible to be a “driver” for the SPCA of Texas and must perform “driver” duties as directed by the immediate Supervisor. Such “driver” duties may include, but not be limited to, driving an SPCA of Texas Van, Box Truck, Mav, R & I trailer, livestock trailer, or horse trailer.
10. Proper animal handling
11. Disaster response
12. Protect the confidential information of public and donors.
13. Report to work at assigned start time; go to/return from breaks and lunch at assigned times; leave work at assigned quitting time.
14. Report to work at assigned start time; go to/return from breaks and lunch at assigned times; leave work at assigned quitting time.
15. Respond to disasters to aid in the care and/or the evacuation of animals.
16. Additional tasks assigned by Chief Investigator.
Knowledge, skill, and abilities needed to perform the Essential functions of this position:
1. Must demonstrate the Core Values of the SPCA of Texas on and off the job.
2. Follow the mission of the SPCA of Texas.
3. Through knowledge of SPCA of Texas admitting policies and procedures.
4. Knowledge of SPCA of Texas policies and protocols, such as, but not limited to, adoption, cleaning and medical protocols.
5. Working knowledge of breeds, diseases, medical conditions, and animal handling and behavior.
6. Must be 25 years old to meet insurance requirements and must be qualified and licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the state of Texas.
7. Ability to handle animals safely and with patience and gentleness.
8. Ability to represent the SPCA of Texas in a professional manner in all situations with the public, volunteers, and staff.
9. Ability to create and sustain positive working relationships within the SPCA of Texas, with volunteers, the public, and be a team player.
10. Must be patient, courteous and work well under stressful conditions.
11. Knowledge and ability to accurately work with detailed information in paper and computerized format.
12. Ability to read, write and communicate effectively.
13. Ability to learn and quickly adapt to changes in programs and procedures.
Required professional licensing or certifications:
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Valid Texas driver’s license.
3. Minimum 1 year of Law Enforcement
4. Minimum 1 year of animal handling experience
5. NACA Level 1 (or acquire within 6 months of employment)
6. Texas Peace Officer License or equivalent out of state and able to obtain
Texas License within 6 months of employment.
7. Disaster training a plus
The SPCA of Texas offers a competitive salary, a fun-filled work environment and strong corporate benefits package including a 100% paid health care premium for the employee.
Please visit our website for a full job description, www.spca.org. Send letter/resume: email@example.com or 2400 Lone Star Drive, Dallas, Texas 75212.
This is a full time job
Job Contact Details
Closing Date: Wednesday, January 1, 2020