Job Type: Part-time
The Kennel Attendant position is a critical role on the Simon team. Staff are responsible for maintaining proper disease control, cleanliness of our facility and providing a comfortable environment for our residents. We are looking to add new employees to our staff who are reliable and hardworking.
The right candidate needs to be comfortable working with both dogs and cats. Previous animal care experience highly preferred. Excellent housekeeping, cleaning, and time management skills are a must. Attendants are responsible for monitoring health and wellbeing daily, alerting management and medical staff on any concerns. Must be able to work as part of a collaborative team to properly maintain kennels and follow sanitation protocols.
- Perform cleaning indoor/outdoor regardless of weather.
- Capable of bending, lifting 40+ pounds
- Must be physically capable of keeping up fast paced, rigorous cleaning regime.
- Applicants must be 21+ years of age
- Applicants must have a valid driver's license, and reliable transportation
- Must be detail oriented, have ability to follow strict protocols & procedures
- Have good verbal & written communication skills
- Good listening and learning abilities
- Must be a team player
- Must have a flexible schedule
- Must be reliable and show for scheduled shifts
- Must be available for nights, weekends and holidays!
- Must be available for Day Shift hours of 7am-2pm or Night Shift hours of 3-8pm.
- Must take pride in the work they do and support fellow workers to do their best for the animals in our care.
If you are interested in being a part of our team, and fulfill all requirements, please attach your resume with two professional references and their contact information along with a cover letter describing why you think you would be a good fit for our organization.
****NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE****
The Simon Foundation, Inc. is a 501(c)(3), charitable organization that is dedicated to the preservation and adoption of dogs and cats that would otherwise be abandoned, neglected, abused o euthanized. Our facility is a 36,000 square foot state of the art, no-kill animal rescue and adoption center located in Bloomfield, CT. The foundation strives to provide quality care and comfort in a safe environment for homeless cats and dogs until they can be placed into loving forever homes.
This is a part time job.
Posting Date: March 18, 2019
Closing Date: April 30, 2019