In southern Utah, Best Friends runs a TNR (Trap Neuter Return) program, which brings in the majority of the kittens that come through the Best Friends Sanctuary in Kanab. While it is not an overwhelming number of kittens, we needed to create a system where volunteers can help care for the 100+ kittens that do come through. This position will be the first line of communication for the volunteers as well as being the primary contact for the manager in all regards to nursery operations.
- Facilitate the 24-hour daily feeding (including neonates), cleaning, and enrichment of cats and kittens according to the established protocol.
- Monitor neonate & kitten eating habits, make food adjustments as necessary and report to the manager when there are changes in appetite or weight fluctuations.
- Maintain accurate, organized, up-to-date records for all kittens, including daily weighing, temperatures, and intake and output on charts and report to the manager when there are changes with any medical or behavioral concerns.
- Draw up and administer oral and subcutaneous medications or fluids to kittens, as needed.
- Maintain inventory of all supplies, ensuring all necessary supplies are stocked and available at all times. Report all purchase needs and maintenance/repair issues.
- Be an ambassador of the brand for all volunteers and visitors, promoting the Best Friends mission.
- Maintain a professional demeanor at all times and interact with visitors as appropriate via the viewing area.
For a complete job description and to apply please visit: https://bestfriends.applicantpro.com/jobs/1026140.html
Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career at Best Friends Animal Society. Best Friends Animal Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
This is a full time job.
Posting Date: July 18, 2019
Closing Date: August 18, 2019