The purpose of this position is to provide general and emergency medical and surgical care to animals under the supervision of Green County Humane Society, including examination, evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment cats and dogs. Complies with regulatory compliance regarding the care and welfare of animals at the Animal Shelter.
The tasks listed below are those that represent the majority of the time spent working in this class. Management may assign additional tasks related to the type of work of the class as necessary.
- Examine, evaluate, diagnose, treat, and provide general and emergency medical care to animals under the supervision of Green County Humane Society.
- Prescribe, dispense, and administer medication, vaccinations, and provide training and oversight to shelter staff on the use of medications and controlled substances.
- Perform testing, spay, neuter, surgeries, and euthanasia on animals.
- Maintain regulatory requirements regarding the care and welfare of animals, including maintenance of records and veterinary history of animals, including medications, controlled substances, treatments, evaluations, and diagnosis.
- Respond to citizen concerns about animals under care.
- Maintain inventory of medical equipment and supplies.
- Other related duties as assigned.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
Must possess a Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine (DVM); Licensure in good standing to practice veterinary medicine and surgery; State controlled substance license practitioner in good standing; Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) controlled substance license practitioner in good standing; State authority to train and certify Euthanasia Technicians.
This position is 1 day a week (or 52 times a year).
This is a part time job.
Posting Date: August 12, 2019
Closing Date: September 19, 2019