We are actively seeking a full-time Veterinary Pharmacy and Lab Nurse / Technician for our team. This position is responsible for providing quality and efficient customer service to clients through the daily management of pharmacy fulfillment, inventory control, and laboratory equipment maintenance.
We're making things better for pets, people, and the planet, through our various initiatives that focus on putting animals first and educating pet parents on the long-term benefits of good medical care. The journey starts with knowledgeable, passionately engaged associates who are proud to recommend SPCA Florida as a place to work, who believe in our Vision, and who are committed to delivering superior customer experience.
The ideal candidate should have the following to apply:
- High school diploma and two years of experience as a veterinary nurse/technician.
- Ability to properly lift and carry up to 50 pounds (pet food and fluids) multiple times per shift
- Valid Florida drivers license with proper vehicle registration and Florida minimum automobile insurance coverage requirement
Some of the responsibilities of the Pharmacy and Lab Nurse are:
- Fills all medications /refills for each department and clients
- Surgery Department medications
- AllyDVM requests and medications
- Pharmacy refill line messages
- Assist with running lab work when needed / available
- Performing all dilutions when prompted
- Assist with cytologies and fecals as needed and when available
- Set up blood smears and stain aspirates upon Veterinarian’s request
- Performing monthly maintenance, cleaning, quality control, calibration on lab equipment
- Handling all lab work that needs to be sent out to other labs—
- Heska (Allergy Testing)
- Change stains weekly
- Updating expirations of medicine in Avimark appropriately (including vaccine expirations and serial numbers)
- Take weekly IDEXX laboratory needed items and place orders
- Assisting doctors with scripts that need to be called into outside pharmacies including compounding pharmacy requests
- Managing equipment maintenance and repairs
- Assisting with Cubex maintenance or special projects when needed
Some of the responsibilities of a Veterinary Nurse / Technician:
- Assists in medical assessments when admitting animals and promotes responsible pet ownership in conversations with clients.
- Administers medicine, conducts health exams, administers first-aid when necessary, and performs humane euthanasia.
- Facilitates timely fecal exams and provides indicated treatment.
- Assists the attending veterinarian with examinations or treatment as needed.
- Maintains medical equipment in good working order – clippers, microscope, etc.
- Performs other duties as required and assigned.
Candidates must be highly self-motivated, team players, creative, kind, organized, and detail-oriented
We offer competitive wages, benefits, and discounts on veterinary services and product (for your pet) along with a 403(b), PTO, and six (6) paid holidays.
We are an EOE and DFWP; background checks conducted. We are converting to a nonsmoking facility, so all applicants must be nonsmokers, have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and proof of insurance.
This is a full time job.
Posting Date: August 15, 2019
Closing Date: November 15, 2019