This position oversees the administration of the Placement Partner Program as well assists with adoptions and other inquiries from the public.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as the primary contact for all APS Placement Partners
- Strengthen connections with current Placement Partners
- Recruit rescue groups for our Placement Partner Program
- Maintain a Placement Partner Database
- Coordinate the transfer of animals to Placement Partners
- Assess animals in our care for rescue eligibility and need
- Assist adopters with the adoption process including but not limited to; reviewing adoption questionnaires, communicating with potential adopters, arranging visitations and filling out paperwork
- Provide counseling and education for the public including general care information, any known history on APS animals, information on acclimating an animal to a new home, training advice, potential health and behavior issues, and responsible pet ownership.
- Complete data entry and updates into Chameleon software for accurate inventory and statistics
- Record, organize and file impoundment, application, medical and contract paperwork.
- Collect and record money for both County and APS transactions.
- Coordinate with other departments and management to accomplish APS goals.
- Ability to work every Saturday.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional and compassionate customer service
- Knowledge of common medical and behavioral issues for animals
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to remain calm in often highly emotional and stressful situations involving the public
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team Education & Experience
- High School Diploma
- Previous customer service as well as animal shelter experience highly desired
- At least one year of management or leadership experience
To apply please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line. No phone calls please.
This is a full time job.
Animal Protection Society of Durham
Posting Date: July 18, 2019
Closing Date: August 18, 2019