The Friendship Animal Protective League is currently looking for a Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT) to join our Team. Our ideal candidate will be dynamic, efficient, cooperative, have a well- rounded background in veterinary medicine, spay/neuter, shelter medicine, general surgery, and dental procedures. Must be hard-working, compassionate, have an interest in working with both shelter and public pets, and thrive in a fast-paced, teamwork based environment.
The ideal candidate would assist the doctor with surgery, medicine and outpatients care. The also would be able to perform routine labs, draw blood, effectively restrain both dogs and cats. Candidate should be a good people person and be able to communicate with compassion and empathy. Must also be friendly and have a sense of humor. Candidate will be responsible for care of surgical, dental, and hospitalized patients.
Reports to: The Shelter Veterinarian and Lead Registered Veterinary Technician
Salary: $13.50 to $15.00 /hour depending on experience
- Handle, sedate, and monitor surgical canine, feline and small mammal patients.
- Document patient medical and behavioral issues.
- Assist Lead Registered Veterinary Technician with triage.
- Assist with paperwork and charts for patients.
- Perform surgical intake and discharge as needed.
- Observe all surgical protocols to prevent infection and increase successful patient outcomes.
- Participate in meetings and medical rounds.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Education/Licenses: Ohio Veterinary Technician Certification or Licensure (CVT, RVT, LVT)
- Ability to work in a high volume, high energy veterinary environment
- Adherence to the mission and core values of Friendship APL
- Three to five years’ experience as a Veterinary Technician or Veterinary Technical assistant in a spay/neuter clinic or general veterinary practice
- Proficiency in safe cat, dog and rabbit handling techniques.
- Understanding of shelter medicine as it relates to the role.
- Familiarity with shelter and veterinary clinic software such as PetPoint
- The noise level in the work environment is moderately high.
- Requires sufficient ambulatory skills in order to perform duties while at hospital.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, and crouch regularly and climb occasionally as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Associate is routinely exposed to a variety of pets that may bite or scratch, and on occasion, exposed to anesthesia, biological hazards and medication/controlled substances.
This is a full time job
Job Contact Details
Closing Date: Tuesday, March 31, 2020