Location: Houston, TX
This position is responsible for the provision of medical care and corresponding protocol management for all program animals focused on the live outcomes necessary to continue and expand lifesaving in the Houston Program area in support of No Kill 2025 and beyond.
- Work with the Best Friends medical team and leadership in the development, implementation and ongoing oversight of protocols for the Houston medical programs. Participate in surgeries as needed at the behest of leadership including but not limited to post-surgical care and support.
- Perform new animal intake, including but not limited to vaccinations, microchipping, blood draws, basic intake examinations.
- In the event of emergencies this position will be on call and expected to respond to support animal care and medical procedures as needed.
- Triage daily caregiver observation forms and alert leadership as needed.
- Daily walk-throughs in the center, monitoring general health of animals.
- Provide routine medical care for animals in programs ensuring all medical needs and certifications are met and routine health screenings and check-ups are completed and documented as needed for medical history for all animals.
For a complete job description and to apply please visit: https://bestfriends.applicantpro.com/jobs/1082610.html
Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career at Best Friends Animal Society. Best Friends Animal Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
This is a full time job.
Posting Date: May 15, 2019
Closing Date: June 15, 2019