Coordinate transfers to rescue groups. Work with Kennel staff to identify animals that can be placed in rescue.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Maintain detailed, up-to-date records for all rescue groups and rescued animals.
• Identify, research, and recommend new rescue partners.
• Maintain positive relationships with rescue partners.
• Provide excellent customer service to rescue partners, coworkers, volunteers, and shelter visitors.
• Contact and coordinate the transfer of animals to out-of-state shelters. Coordinate health certificate issuance.
• Observe and assess animal behavior. Determine best rescue partner based on animal behavior, breed, medical condition, etc.
• Handle animals in a safe and humane manner. Pull dogs from multi-run kennels or single cages. Walk or monitor dogs in play yards. Assist with holding animals for vaccines or medical tests.
• Answer phone calls and emails from potential rescuers in a prompt, professional and informative manner.
• Call and/or email rescue groups about available shelter animals and assist rescue groups with animal selection.
• Coordinate social media posts and email blasts in order to generate interest in hard-to-place animals.
• Handle all customers in a polite and professional manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Extensive knowledge of dog and cat behavior, training and of animal breed recognition is also required.
• Ability to assess animal behavior.
• Demonstrated personal communication knowledge to include effective phone skills, effective public speaking and ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally.
• Must be available to work on weekends.
• Must pass background check and drug screening.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum of high school diploma and 3+ years experience in animal related field.
Must be able to read and interpret policies and procedures. Must be able to communicate effectively provide good customer services skills.
Must have the ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written or verbal form and to follow those instructions correctly.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
While performing the duties of this job, employee may be exposed to a kennel that is not air-conditioned and may be exposed to unpleasant kennel smells.
This is a full time job
Job Contact Details
Closing Date: Tuesday, June 30, 2020