Location: Kanab, Utah
The Sanctuary volunteer engagement team floats focus on the group experience and support other Sanctuary programming as needed; volunteer and visitor engagement, animal care, outcomes, and outreach. Floats must be able to shift and flex with the needs of the organization.
Volunteer and Visitor Engagement-
• Assist with group volunteer inquiries, other correspondence, pre-trip planning, scheduling and other administrative duties as needed.
• Work with other Sanctuary teams to identify group service projects.
• Coordinate daily logistics of volunteer groups.
• Lead group service projects; share information about Best Friends lifesaving mission and conduct presentations.
• Provide coverage for the volunteer specialist and volunteer coordinator responsibilities by engaging with volunteers via phone, email and in-person, help with administrative duties, assist volunteers with online scheduling, conduct onsite check ins, and provide guidance and feedback and information to volunteers.
• Conduct special tour for visitors/volunteers to deepen engagement, share information about Best Friends life-saving work at the Sanctuary and around the country and answer any questions.
• Cross train and support the hospitality teams at the Visitor Center, Welcome Center and Roadhouse.
Animal Care, Outcomes and Outreach Support-
• Provide animal care and area support, basic and routine cleaning, and care per department guidelines.
• Participate in outreach efforts, including transport of animals or supplies and special events
• Cross train and support the Outcomes Program
Skills and Experience:
● Key attributes of this position include engaging, inspiring, knowledgeable, authentic, professional, proactive, positive, and innovative.
● Welcomes and excels at cross-training in multiple areas and enjoys supporting these areas as requested and needed.
● Enjoys working with the public and comfortable with public speaking in a variety of work settings.
● Adept at multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail and able to make decisions using sound judgment.
● Experience with problem-solving, conflict management and resolution as well as the ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations with tact and diplomacy.
● Exhibit competency in animal handling and safety and a willingness to be trained to work with a variety of species.
● Proficient computer and technology skills a must and embraces learning new platforms and/or equipment. Experience with Microsoft Office 365 a plus.
● Working knowledge of Facebook/social media helpful.
● Must have a valid driver’s license with no citations in the last 3 years and must have access to transportation and able to transport group project supplies or tools (i.e.: rakes, gloves, buckets, etc.). Please note that a motor vehicle check will be completed.
Best Friends Animal Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
This is a full time job
Job Contact Details
Closing Date: Monday, December 28, 2020