Woodstock Farm Sanctuary Seeks Shelter Manager
Woodstock Farm Sanctuary envisions a peaceful world rooted in respect and justice for all living beings. We rescue farmed animals and give them care and sanctuary, connect animals with people to advance veganism, and advocate for animal rights in alliance with other social justice movements.
Located in New York state’s Hudson Valley region 90 minutes from New York City, the area boasts a rich cultural and artistic heritage, offering a rare mix of rural and cosmopolitan resources. We host thousands of visitors every year between our event, tour, and volunteer programs.
Duties include supervising 2 shelter staff, overseeing health and treatments, overseeing adoptions and placements, taking a lead on managing staff teams in the absence of the Shelter Director.
• Co-manage animal care and shelter staff
• Management of animal care schedules and charting, health checks, feed and supply ordering, and database
• Taking on regular animal caregiving shifts
• Training and supervising animal caregivers as assigned
• Scheduling vet visits and animal transportation
• Researching new treatment options for various conditions
• Working with veterinarians to develop treatment protocols, etc.
• Maintaining staff schedules
• Assisting in the planning for the department budget
• Assist in assessment and execution of rescue and intake
• Expanding and overseeing adoptions
• Previous animal experience is required
• Previous managerial experience
• Minimum two years’ experience at animal care facility
• Excellent time management and communication skills
• Reliability and attention to detail is essential
• Strong organizational skills; proven ability to manage multiple priorities and projects in fast-paced work environment
• Ability to work well with variety of people
• Team player and able to monitor and report on all shelter staff duties
• Very reliable and dependable
• Positive attitude
• Commitment to Woodstock Farm Sanctuary’s animal care policies and organizational programs and goals
• Valid driver’s license with clean driving record required
Additional Experience Sought
• Candidate must have animal shelter and managerial experience. Experience with large animals is a giant plus.
• Commitment to the organization’s mission.
• Capacity and certifications to conduct lab work a plus.
• Full-time, exempt (salaried) position
• Reports to the Shelter Director
• Work schedule varies; regular weekend and holiday availability required
• Some evening hours required
• The job requires significant physical work
• Occasional travel may be required to assist with transport for animal adoptions or rescues
• Competitive compensation and benefits, including health insurance, paid holidays, paid time off, and retirement plan
• Must be within commuting distance of zip 12440.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter and three references to Hervé Breuil, Shelter Director, at email@example.com.
We regret that the number of applicants allows us to respond only to those candidates who we are interviewing.
Woodstock Farm Sanctuary is an equal opportunity employer, committed to values of diversity and inclusion.
This is a full time job
Job Contact Details
Closing Date: Tuesday, September 15, 2020