Melissa’s Second Chances is a non-profit animal rescue located in Shawnee, Kansas founded in 2019. We find homes and safe refuge for animals in need of a second chance at being a beloved family pet. We are governed by a Board of Directors and day to day operations are run by an incredible management team of staff and volunteers.
Responsibilities of our Shelter Operations Manager
· Manage the daily operations of running an animal shelter
· Be the public point of contact for the shelter
· Hire, train, schedule, and supervise employees
· Ensure compliance with shelter regulations and maintain a clean and sanitary facility
· Ensure adequate shelter inventory and management of supplies and donations
· Support our foster program
Animal Health Care
· Be the primary point of contact for vets and veterinary services
· Provide intake health assessment for animals
· Provide on-site vet care such as vaccinations, blood draws, and other services as appropriate
· Interact with the public for adoptions and events
· Assist with on-site and online adoption processing
· Be a point of contact before, during, and after adoptions to help adopters ensure a successful adoption process
· Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
· Must possess leadership qualities and a growth mindset
· Animal care experience required, shelter experience strongly preferred
· Experience with Microsoft Office and Google Suite
Benefits include 2 weeks of PTO.
Interested applicants should email their resume and cover letter to director @ mscrescue.org with the subject header Shelter Operations Manager Application. Applications where the cover letter is not specific to the position will not be considered.
MSC is an equal opportunity employer that considers all applications without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation or preference, religion, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We believe that the best decisions are made by diverse and inclusive teams.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.50 - $15.00 per hour
As an animal shelter, we're pretty comfortable taking extra precautions for disease containment. We are doing adoptions online or in person by appointment only, requiring masks in the shelter, and as always, keeping plenty of hand sanitizer available!
This is a full time job
Job Contact Details
Closing Date: Sunday, November 1, 2020