The Dubuque Regional Humane Society has been caring for animals for over 120 years. We are a 501c3 non-profit, no kill animal shelter with an on-site veterinary clinic serving the animals in our care. We are looking for a Shelter Veterinarian who enjoys practicing quality medicine in a fast paced environment. We serve approximately 3200 animals per year, with over half needing spay, neuter, or other surgeries prior to adoption. We are wanting to fill a part-time veterinarian working 20-25 hours per week with flexible scheduling.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing high-volume, high-quality spay/neuter surgeries for shelter animals as well as other surgeries as needed
- Vaccinating animals and providing quality medical exams
- Monitoring the daily health of shelter animals
- Treat animals in the shelter and in foster
- Maintain accurate medical records
- Overseeing veterinary clinic staff
- Complete Certificates of Veterinary Inspection for animals prior to adoption
- All other duties as assigned
Qualifications and requirements:
- Have steadfast belief in the mission, policies, and procedures of the DRHS and make decisions in the best interest of the organization
- DVM degree and Iowa license required, high volume spay/neuter experience or shelter medicine experience preferred
- Effective decision making, diagnostic skills, written and verbal communication skills.
- Work collaboratively with diverse groups of people including volunteers, department supervisors, staff, and members of the public
- Be at least 21 years old and have a valid driver’s license and current auto insurance.
Please email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a part time job
Job Contact Details
Closing Date: Monday, August 31, 2020