Animal Welfare Association is a non-profit organization that operates an animal shelter and public Pet Clinic in Voorhees, NJ is looking for a full time veterinarian for to provide quality spay neuter surgery for owned pets, shelter/rescue animals, and community/feral cats several days a week, some soft tissue surgeries, provide basic wellness care to owned animals and relief support to the Shelter Veterinarian. (40% of your time surgery, 50% wellness, 10% other.) We are a fast-paced and growing organization in need of someone who is upbeat, self-motivated and passionate about spay/neuter and helping clients and pets receive excellent care at lower prices who is looking to be part of a team. If you are looking to make a difference and help save lives, please contact us for an interview. We offer good hours, competitive pay and benefits: health insurance coverage, partial reimbursement for state license, DEA, professional liability insurance, etc., paid time off. Salary commensurate with experience.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for daily care of all surgical patients, ensuring all staff members are adhering to proper pre-, peri- and post-operative care of patients.
- Examine animals pre-operatively to determine their ability to withstand surgery.
- Perform surgeries on shelter and public animals.
- Vaccinate animals and provide recommendations for follow up care.
- Assess individual patient issues, and provide appropriate solutions.
- Creatively problem solve on a daily basis.
- Follow and support all organizational and medical protocols.
- Mentor and oversee Veterinary Technicians.
- Communicate effectively, keeping management apprised of all issues concerning staff or patients.
- Responsible for meeting DEA requirements and maintaining current licensure.
- Attend staff meetings and important organizational events, as necessary.
- Behave in a manner that upholds both personal and professional standards, as an ambassador of the AWA, at all times.
Qualifications and Skills
- A DVM degree from an accredited school of veterinary medicine.
- A license to practice veterinary medicine in the state of New Jersey (or the ability to obtain one).
- DEA license eligibility is required. High quality, high-volume, spay/neuter experience is preferred
Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements.
This is a full time job.
Posting Date: May 20, 2019
Closing Date: August 20, 2019