Woodstock Farm Sanctuary is seeing part-time Tour Guides for our 2020 Open Season (April - October)
Woodstock Farm Sanctuary envisions a peaceful world rooted in respect and justice for all living beings. We rescue farmed animals and give them care and sanctuary, connect animals with people to advance veganism, and advocate for animal rights in alliance with other social justice movements.
At the heart of our mission is the hands-on work of rescuing, rehabilitating and caring for farmed animal refugees, advocating for animal rights, and educating the public about these issues. Located in New York state’s Hudson Valley region 90 minutes from New York City, the area boasts a rich cultural and artistic heritage, offering a rare mix of rural and cosmopolitan resources. We host thousands of visitors every year between our event, tour, and volunteer programs.
Tour Guides will focus on a vital part of our work: promoting a strong vegan message to our visitors by introducing them to our rescued residents.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
• Giving tours each weekend day (Saturdays and Sundays only) to tour groups
• Being available in between tours to answer questions and assist with crowd safety
• Assist with cash register and other tasks as needed
• Strong public speaking and communication skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Capacity to improvise in fast-paced, fluid activist environment
• Comfort with animals including large animals
• Must be a good team-player
• Ability to work outside in all weather, walk several miles a day on rough terrain, hop fences if needed, and lift up to 50 lbs
• Able to learn a 75 minute script and retain information including animal names
Required Credentials and Experience:
• Experience with advocacy, education, or public speaking
• Strong sense of affinity with the mission and goals of Woodstock Sanctuary
• Must be vegan and commited to the cause of animal rights
This is a part-time, seasonal position which requires availability most weekends throughout the tour season, April 1 – October 31. Compensation is competitive, commensurate with experience. Average week is 8-10 hours.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Training for this position will begin in March. Please submit your resume no later than February 20th
We regret that the number of applicants allows us to respond only to those candidates who we are interviewing. No phone calls please.
Woodstock Farm Sanctuary is an equal opportunity employer, committed to values of diversity and inclusion
This is a part time job
Job Contact Details
Closing Date: Tuesday, March 31, 2020