The Anti-Cruelty Society is accepting applications and resumes for a full-time Clinic Veterinarian to join our team. We are a full service humane society and clinic staffed by seven Veterinarians. The Clinic Veterinarian provides medical and surgical services to the animals in the clinic, shelter and rehab. The Clinic Veterinarian is also responsible for supervising the technical aspects of the Technicians and Assistants.
• Providing medical and surgical services to animals in the clinic, shelter and rehab to include client contact and recordkeeping;
• Training newly hired staff in technical operations of the clinic;
• Conducting continuing education for the clinic and Society staff;
• Assisting in administrative projects as delegated by the Clinic Medical Director;
• Acting as a spokesperson on veterinary questions for the media as delegated by the Clinic Medical Director;
• In cooperation with the Clinic Medical Director and Director of Clinic Services, ensuring the smooth functioning of the operation of the clinic.
Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or equivalent degree, i.e., Veterinary Medical Doctor (VMD), obtained at a school or college of veterinary medicine accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association Council on Education (AVMA) is required. Must also have a current, valid Illinois license that allows the practice of veterinary medicine. The knowledge, skills and ability to successfully perform the duties of a Veterinarian, and that is typically in or related to the work of a Veterinarian; such as professional knowledge of anatomy, physiology, diseases of both domestic and exotic animals, medical sciences, and the general methods of diagnosing and controlling the more common animal diseases and disorders is required. One year of previous experience as a Veterinarian is preferred but not required. New graduates are welcome to apply and an interest in surgery is desirable. Salary is commensurate with experience.
The ability to handle work around companion animals, to remain on feet for long periods of time and the ability to lift up to 35 pounds is required.
Please submit a letter of interest, including a salary history and expectations and a resume for consideration to:
The Anti-Cruelty Society
ATTN: Meshia Burrell
Vice President of People and Culture
157 West Grand Avenue
Chicago IL 60654
Facsimile: (888) 391-0164
No phone calls please
The Anti-Cruelty Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This is a full time job
Job Contact Details
Closing Date: Tuesday, March 31, 2020