This role will support the Atlanta Lifesaving Center by ensuring that all animals received are prepared for adoption or transport in timely manner by performing sterilization surgeries, medical treatments and diagnostics. This position is also responsible, alongside appointed staff, for coordinating timely and accurate intake and medical record keeping and communication regarding the cats and dogs in the adoptions program.
- Work with Executive Director to develop and execute shelter medicine plan focusing on herd populations, health management for shelter medicine, status reports, medical protocols, budgets and comprehensive documentation as it relates to lifesaving programs.
- Work with Executive Director to establish treatment protocols and medical intake protocols.
- Responsible for entering their performed exams, medical, diagnostic treatments and any other pertinent data in shelter management software.
- Perform a variety of surgeries as required. This includes, but is not limited to, mid to high volume spay and neuter, abdominal exploratories, mass removals, and may include orthopedic surgeries as well.
- Health Certificates for interstate travel for the transport program
- Receive and prioritize all medical needs for Best Friends program animals.
- Coordinate the scheduling of medical appointments for animals in foster care with the Foster Coordinator and Lifesaving Center Operations Manager.
- Start and complete medical treatment and prescriptions in adherence of medical protocols based on organizational SOPs.
For a complete job description and to apply please visit: https://bestfriends.applicantpro.com/jobs/1062715.html
Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career at Best Friends Animal Society. Best Friends Animal Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
This is a full time job.
Best Friends Animal Society
Posting Date: August 12, 2019
Closing Date: September 12, 2019