SPCA Florida is currently seeking a Nurse Team Supervisor to join our team. We are seeking an individual that is team oriented and has excellent communication skills with fellow team members and clients. The ideal candidate can work well in a fast paced environment and share our passion for providing the highest quality veterinary care.
The technician supervisor will manage, supervise, and coordinate the functions of the outpatient nursing team; including but not limited to planning, scheduling and organizing work for their team, ensuring proper distribution of assignments, efficient utilization of personnel, space and facilities; and, will maintain clinical competency and actively participate as a member of the department’s clinical team.
SPCA Florida Medical Center is a nine doctor veterinary practice in Lakeland, FL. It is our mission to deliver high-quality medicine with an emphasis on compassionate patient care while maintaining an environment based on trust, teamwork, and education. We promote responsible pet ownership by being proactive and providing preventative pet health care. We strive to make the best medicine available for our patients.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Properly calculates medication dosages and volumes of liquids or tablets to be administered to patients
- Administers IV, IM, SQ, and oral medications
- Oversees the routine care of medical equipment located in the outpatient area addressing any servicing needs
- Plan, organize, and manage the daily flow of services
- Develop and monitor staff schedules
- Ensure patients receive quality care
- Ensure documentation is accurate and complete
- Collaborate with the Practice Manager to ensure proper onboarding of new team members
- Oversees the supervision of the nursing team
- Helps to resolve client complaints and concerns in a professional manner
- Assists when necessary with euthanasia. Helps with euthanasia if certified to do so
- Oversees workman’s comp paperwork if a situation should arise
- Follows OSHA guidelines concerning safety and handling of hazardous materials
- Performs other duties as required and assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent client service skills and phone etiquette
- Ability to inspire, teach and multitask
- Attention to detail
- Work successfully as a team member and autonomously
- Critical thinking skills
- Flexibility with work hours and able to work additional hours when necessary
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
Minimum Job Requirements:
An Associate’s degree in Veterinary Technology preferred; and/or 3-5 years’ experience working as a veterinary technician in an established practice. Supervisory experience required. An equivalent combination of education and experience that is determined to be directly related to the specific requirements may be substituted.
Job Type: Full-time
No smoking is allowed on campus and must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and proof of insurance.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Work Place. Background checks and drug testing are required.
This is a full time job.
Posting Date: July 10, 2019
Closing Date: October 10, 2019