We are searching for an upbeat, energetic Client Service Coordinator to join our veterinary team. We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality care for our patients and clients with gentleness and compassion. The Client Service Coordinator plays a vital role in this mission. Applicants must be able to work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, be detail oriented, have good computer skills, and possess an excellent work ethic. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a friendly and professional manner toward clients, co-workers, and volunteers, and be the ultimate team player. Experience in customer service is a big plus!
This position serves as a representative of Reva McClurg Medical Center / SPCA Florida by closely interacting with clients both in person and over the phone. Performs clerical duties related to veterinary care and treatment of patients. Processes invoices and payments, handles the cash drawer, and provides miscellaneous support to the veterinarians, medical center supervisors, practice manager, and other staff members. Knowledge of general office practices and procedures, receptionist and telephone techniques required. Have the ability to perform clerical work with speed and accuracy; use of a multiple-line telephone system and computer skills.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. At least two years of recent experience in an office or medical environment (preferably a veterinary facility) with increasing responsibilities. An equivalent combination of education and experience that is determined to be directly related to the specific requirements may be substituted.
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures, receptionist and telephone techniques.
- Ability to perform clerical work with speed and accuracy, use a multiple-line telephone system; handle cash and other forms of payment, and interact closely with clients and patients on a daily basis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Greeting clients and their pets when they enter the hospital
- Ensuring that clients’ needs are met as quickly and efficiently as possible
- Communicating with co-workers regarding client/patient needs.
- Describing veterinary services offered by the hospital and the cost/value of the services
- Make client/patient appointments and updating client information in their electronic record
- Knowledge of veterinary medical terminology and procedures preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and orally with both internal (employees) and external (clients) customers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; attention to detail.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Must be well-organized.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work in an ever-changing environment.
We are open 6 days/week and some holidays; the schedule is 4 days of 10 hours. Hours per Week: 40+ however, overtime is Infrequent.
We offer competitive wages, discounts on veterinary services (for your pet) and full benefits – medical, dental, vision, life, disability – along with a 403(b), PTO and paid holidays. Salary commensurate with experience -- starting Pay: $10 - $17. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Work Place; background checks are conducted. Please apply on our website: www.spcaflorida.org
This is a full time job.
Posting Date: July 10, 2019
Closing Date: October 10, 2019