This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise, other than an “at‐will” relationship.
- Plan daily surgery flow to ensure maximum efficiency while maintaining high standards of patient care.
- Calculate and administer anesthesia and monitor animals under anesthesia.
- Assist veterinarians in surgical procedures.
- Perform health assessments of animals.
- Assist in the supervision of and support of volunteers and veterinary assistants.
- Maintain clinic and program records.
- Monitor and maintain clinic equipment and supplies.
- Administer vaccinations.
- Clean and maintain work areas and vehicles.
- Operate League mobile unit vehicles, as assigned.
- Perform occasional euthanasia and related tasks.
- Perform date entry to update animal records.
We also have opportunities at the Quebec St Shelter and Solutions Veterinary hospital. We have a Student Loan Reimbursement Program for Certified Veterinary Technicians!
Check out our website for more information about opportunities and to apply https://www.ddfl.org/about-us/career-opportunities/
This is a full time job.
Posting Date: May 15, 2019
Closing Date: August 15, 2019