When elected officials take on issues like breed-specific legislation, hold times for cats, adoption regulation and access to veterinary care, your work may be directly affected, and not necessarily for the better. In the special session from Animal Care Expo 2017, our presenters take the mystery out of public policy work and help you discover how to start shaping laws and ordinances that actually work for you, rather than just allowing them to happen to you.
Presenters: Heather Cammisa-Davenport, CAWA, President and CEO, St. Hubert's Animal Welfare Center; Mike Keiley, Director, Noble Family Animal Care and Adoption Center MSPCA at Nevins Farm; Jill Kline, Vice President of Community Impact Programs, Wisconsin Humane Society; Katie Lisnik, Director of Cat Protection and Policy, The Humane Society of the United States
- Animal Sheltering web-exclusive: Public policy matters
- Animal Sheltering blog: Bills, laws and ordinances, oh my!
- Animal Sheltering blog: Dangerous assumptions
- Animal Sheltering resource: Laws & Policies
Watch other Animal Care Expo special sessions:
- What does "responsible" pet ownership look like?: Special session from Animal Care Expo 2016
- The Human Animal: Special session from Animal Care Expo 2015
- Mythbusters - Finding the Perfect Home: Special session from Animal Care Expo 2014