The HSUS offers a variety tools to increase understanding of key principles in volunteer management, and ways to connect individual coordinators with the larger community of volunteers managers willing to share their secrets to success.
- Join the Volunteer Management Discussion Group
- This list-serv for volunteer managers (paid or unpaid) in animal protection groups not only provides the opportunity to connect with peers for solutions and suggestions, but also offers access to the archive of questions previously asked and answers, and is searchable by topic.
- Volunteer Program Assessment
- The Volunteer Program Assessment, or VPA, is a program run by the Organizational Science department of the University of North Carolina-Charlotte (UNCC) in partnership with The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS).
- Animal Care Expo
- The largest educational international animal welfare conference and trade show of its kind, Animal Care Expo has a great deal to offer to leaders of volunteers. From volunteer management-specific workshops, presentations about programs that will include heavy involvement from volunteers, the opportunity to network with other volunteer managers and access to vendors of volunteer database and training programs, Animal Care Expo has it all!