Free virtual training for animal sheltering professionals, law enforcement, animal control officers, humane investigators and rescue and shelter volunteers
Topics to be covered
- The negative cost of caring is characterized by emotional and physical exhaustion leading to a diminished ability to empathize or feel compassion for others; we’ll help attendees identify compassion fatigue
- Tools to recognize compassion fatigue and ways to stay resilient
- Skills to maintain mental health and focus on self-care
- Ways to face the day-to-day challenges and the secondary stress created by animal welfare and protection work
Dates and locations
- Tuesday, August 4: 2 pm - 4 pm
- Wednesday, August 5: 6 pm - 8 pm
- Monday, August 10: 1 pm - 3 pm
Virtual training is open to all New Jersey sheltering professionals, animal control, and shelter & rescue volunteers.
A certificate of attendance will be provided for two hours of training if needed for continuing education credits.
Space is limited - register today!
The Humane State program thanks the following organizations for their support:
Event Location | Virtual, New Jersey
Event Date | August 4 to 10, 2020