It began as a crazy dream—What would it take to spay/neuter nearly 25,000 animals in one year on a poverty-stricken island? —and came to fruition as the Spayathon™ for Puerto Rico. Learn how a handful of determined individuals entered into an unprecedented agreement with government officials, convinced 26 separate organizations to work together, and put in place the largest spay/neuter effort in the world to support the people and pets of Puerto Rico—and how you can do the same!
- Inga Fricke, Director, Sheltering Initiatives and Engagement, Companion Animals, the Humane Society of the United States
- Julie Levy, DVM, PhD, DACVIM, DABVP, Director, Maddie's Shelter Medicine Program, University of Florida and Co-Founder, Million Cat Challenge
- Tara Loller, Senior Director, Strategic Campaigns and Special Projects, Companion Animals, the Humane Society of the United States
- Amy Mills, CEO, Emancipet
- Katherine Polak, DVM, MPH, MS, DACVPM, DABVP (Shelter Medicine Practice), Head of Stray Animal Care - Southeast Asia FOUR PAWS International and Editor, “Field Manual for Small Animal Medicine”
- Stella Ramirez, Vice President, Santuario de Animales San Francisco De Asís
Event Location: New Orleans